Welcome to the Broward County Parks and Recreation system. This Customer Code of Conduct establishes rules and regulations relating to the use of Broward County parks including, but not limited to, the prohibition of specific conduct to ensure that all park users are provided an opportunity to enjoy the numerous amenities offered, and to ensure a system is in place that provides for a consistent and equitable evaluation of and response to any violation of this Customer Code of Conduct. All persons entering any County park, or park facility therein, are required to observe the rules and regulations set forth in this Customer Code of Conduct.
Any person who violates any rules and regulations set forth in this Customer Code of Conduct, or any federal, state, or local laws, or any other County park rules and regulations, may be directed to leave the park premises by authorized individuals, and may have his or her privilege to use a County park or parks, and facilities therein, suspended by such authorized individuals, in accordance with the Parks and Recreation Division's Suspension Guidelines.
Failure of any person to leave a County park after being directed to do so by an authorized individual, or to comply with any Customer Suspension Notice issued by an authorized individual, will subject such person to arrest for the offense of trespass under Chapter 810, Florida Statutes.
The following conduct and activities are prohibited in any County park or park facility therein:
1. Creating any unreasonable and substantial risk of harm to any person, property, or living thing (i.e., dangerous activity or activity perceived as dangerous).
2. Entering or remaining on any park property other than during posted park hours of operation or in an area not open to the public, unless specifically authorized by park management.
3. Capturing, annoying, feeding, or disturbing any animal, wildlife, waterfowl, or living thing, or abandoning any animal, domestic or wild, on any park property.
4. Engaging in any lewd or lascivious conduct, or sexual misconduct, as prohibited under Florida law, including, but not limited to, soliciting a person for sexual favors, indecent exposure, offensive touching, sexual acts, or prostitution.
5. Engaging in any harassment or disorderly conduct in violation of any federal, state, or local laws, including, but not limited to, obscene, threatening, or insulting language or gestures.
6. Assaulting or fighting with any person or living thing, or inciting violence on any park property.
7. Violating any firearm laws or regulations of the State of Florida.
8. Failing to comply with any directions or warnings of park staff to cease any prohibited conduct or activity after being provided notice of such prohibited conduct or activity.
9. Possessing any explosives, acid, or any other article or material capable of causing serious harm to others.
10. Engaging in any illegal gambling.
11. Possessing, selling, or using any illegal drugs.
12. Defacing, destroying, altering, or otherwise vandalizing any park property, including, but not limited to, buildings, fixtures, grounds, signs, plants, trees, or other structures.
13. Removing, destroying, mutilating, or in any manner altering any landscape, including, but not limited to, lawns, shrubs, plants, flowers, sand, soil, or a designated habitat area.
14. Camping, unless registered with the park office as a camper with an assigned campsite, or authorized, in writing, by authorized park management.
15. Unreasonably depriving any persons of their use or enjoyment of the park or any park facility therein, as determined by the County, including, but not limited to, playing any music too loudly that produces an actual discomfort or annoyance to any persons of ordinary sensibilities, blocking access to, or use of, any park facility.
16. Noncompliance with any safety rules and regulations at any County water parks, athletic facilities, stadiums, or special events.
17. Disrupting any Parks and Recreation Division business, events, sponsored or approved activities or programs, or other approved uses, as determined by the County.
18. Disposing of any garbage or trash in any area other than in designated trash or recycling receptacles, in violation of any public health laws or rules and regulations.
19. Failing to comply with any applicable law or rule and regulation that required dogs or other pets to be leashed and licensed, and for pet waste to be properly disposed of in a trash receptacle.
20. Bringing dogs or any other pets on or into any athletic fields, children's playgrounds or water splash pads, swimming areas, water parks, lakes, ponds, canals, or any other body of water, natural area site, or nature center, except when authorized by park management for a County-approved special event or activity, or as permitted by law for service animals.
21. Possessing any glass containers.
22. Posting any signage, posters, or notices on any property, unless prior written authorization is obtained from park management.
23. Impeding public access to, or the safe use of, any restroom facilities.
24. Distributing any handbills, circulars, or signs on any park property, the purpose of which is solely commercial in nature, without prior authorization from the County.
25. Leaving any packages, backpacks, luggage, or other personal items unattended while the owner, or some other person designated by the owner to be present and look after the items, is not in the immediate area of the items.
26. Urinating or defecating in any area other than a designated restroom.
27. Possessing alcohol, except as specifically permitted under Chapter 25 1/2-12, Broward County Code of Ordinances.
28. Blocking any entrances, exits, public walkways, or roadways, or obstructing any pedestrian traffic, trails, or other park areas, in a manner that interferes with the provision of services or the intended use of the park property.
29. Utilizing any park property, or engaging in any commercial activity on park property, without written authorization from the County when required under Chapter 25 1/2, Broward County Code of Ordinances.
30. Driving any unlicensed or unregistered motorized vehicle, including, but not limited to, cars, electric carts, motorized skateboards, hoverboards, scooters, or ATVs, unless authorized by park management, or as permitted by law for other power-driven mobility devices (OPDMD).
31. Selling, possessing, utilizing, or discharging any fireworks or pyrotechnic special effects that alter the environment, including, but not limited to, creating clouds of smoke or launching objects into the sky, except where permitted by law.
32. Utilizing any horse trail, mountain bike trail, or fire-break trail, other than for their intended park purpose.
33. Utilizing any County resources without prior authorization from park management, including, but not limited to, utilities or raw or other natural materials.
34. Smoking of any substance where prohibited by Florida law.
NOTICE: Violations 1 through 12 above are deemed serious in nature and, depending on the circumstances, may result in a one-year, system-wide suspension of the privilege to use all County parks and facilities therein.
Failure to comply with any provisions under this Customer Code of conduct, any park rules and regulations, or any written policies of the Parks and Recreation Division may result in the customer being directed to leave the park or parks or facilities therein, for seven days, 30 days, 90 days, one year, or permanently, in accordance with the Parks and Recreation Division Suspension Guidelines.