Student-Seasonal Lifeguard Salary: $10.57/hour
Applicants selected for these positions will be required to furnish front and back copies of:
1. CPR certification (adult, child, and infant).
2. First aid certification.
3. Certification by an International Lifeguard Training Program instructor by a nationally recognized organization approved by Broward County.
4. Valid Florida driver's license or other government-issued identification.
5. Original Social Security card.
6. Proof of student status.
The above items must be submitted with the application.
Applicants will also be required to:
• Successfully complete a physical and drug/alcohol screening.
• Undergo a criminal background investigation.
Applicants MUST be able to swim. The County may train applicants who do not already have a Jeff Ellis and Associates Lifeguard license prior to employment in this job class. Such individuals will be required to remit payment to the County for expenses for this training.
County employees who are working as lifeguards and have a "satisfactory" performance rating do not have to re-take the performance test for promotion within the job class series, demotion, or transfer within the County.
How To Apply: Print and complete the application (PDF), include front and back copies of the required certifications, and and then submit to the park. You can submit your packet to the park(s) of your choice via the following options:
1. Drop off your application to the respective park office(s) in person.
2. Mail your application via U.S. Mail using the addresses provided.
3. Email your application to the Aquatic Coordinator by using the links provided below each location.
- Paradise Cove Water Park
C.B. Smith Park, 900 N. Flamingo Rd.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028 - 954-357-5170
Email: SMaitland@Broward.org or SGilmartin@Broward.org
- Tropical Splash Water Park
Central Broward Regional Park, 3700 N.W. 11th Place
Lauderhill, FL 33311 - 954-357-7088
- Splash Adventure Water Park
Quiet Waters Park, 401 S. Powerline Rd.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442 - 954-357-5109
- Castaway Island Water Park
T.Y. Park, 3300 N. Park Rd.
Hollywood, FL 33021 - 954-357-8760
Completion of the Ellis & Associates Lifeguard Certification Class is a requirement. For more information on class dates and registration information, contact the park of your interest at the phone number provided above.
Required plug-in: Adobe® Reader®