The following partial list of park rules and regulations is provided to help ensure that your visit with us is as safe and enjoyable as possible. A comprehensive list is posted at each park for your convenience. If the park has camping, specific camping regulations are available at the park office. Please be responsible for the safety of yourself and your family.
Fireworks, explosives, and weapons other than firearms may not be brought into or discharged in parks. Park visitors with valid concealed weapons permits may bring their firearms into the parks subject to Florida Statutes 790.053, 790.06, and 790.33.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages, excluding beer and wine, in the parks is prohibited.
- Beer and wine may also be prohibited in designated areas (specifically, in all neighborhood parks). Permits may be required for the possession of alcoholic beverages.
- Please refrain from bringing glass containers into any park.
- Vehicles are allowed only on authorized roads and parking areas. All State of Florida laws are enforced, including speed limits. Illegally parked and abandoned vehicles will be towed at the owner's expense.
- Please do not feed any wild animals or birds. This is against the law and is also unsafe for you and for them.
- Removing any plants and/or animals is prohibited. Please respect all park facilities and animal and plant life. Take only photographs; leave only footprints.
- Releasing, abandoning, or harming wildlife or domestic animals is prohibited. It is illegal to abandon animals, punishable by arrest and/or a fine of up to $5,000 (Florida State Statute 828.13).
- Swimming is permitted only in designated areas of some parks and only when lifeguards are on duty. Please do not allow your family or pets to wade or swim in any unsupervised lakes or waterways.
- Fishing permitted in designated areas of some parks. Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission laws enforced. A fishing license may be required (for ages 16 and up). Catch-and-release is encouraged.
- Grills or fire rings are provided for cooking only in most parks. Ground fires within established fire rings are only allowed with park management approval. No grill cooking allowed at Fern Forest and Secret Woods nature centers.
- You can bring your pet to most parks (sorry, no pets allowed in nature centers and natural areas). For the safety of your pet and others, make sure your pet is always on a leash no longer than six feet in length. Pets are not allowed on athletic fields, near designated swimming areas, or in certain designated areas of some parks. Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Golfing is not permitted in any park except at the AllGolf facility at C.B. Smith Park.
- Bicyclists and skateboarders are asked to use only roadways and designated paths in parks that allow bicycles. Dirt bikes, all-terrain vehicles, and go-carts are not allowed in any park.
- If the park allows horses, horse riders must remain on trails and paths designated for horses. Horse Trail Do's and Don'ts
- Any person violating the existing rules and regulations or, in the opinion of a park official, constituting a public nuisance or potential hazard to persons or property, or exhibiting disorderly conduct, shall be served notice by the park official and expelled from park property without refund of fees. Such violations are also subject to prosecution in accordance with Florida Statute 125.69.
- In accordance with Broward County Code Chapter 25 ½, please keep your parks and waterways clean and litter-free.
- Vendors must comply with our insurance requirements.
To contact our Safety Section directly, email: ParksSafety@broward.org.
Lightning Guidelines and Lightning Prediction Systems at Broward County Parks