Student Lifeguard and Seasonal Lifeguard
Applicants selected for these positions will be required to:
1. Obtain a Jeff Ellis & Associates license within 30 days of hire;
a. The County may train applicants who do not already have a Jeff Ellis and Associates Lifeguard license prior to employment in this job class. Such individuals will be required to remit payment to the County for expenses for this training.
2. CPR certification (adult, child, and infant);
3. First aid certification;
4. Valid Florida driver's license or other government-issued identification;
5. Original Social Security card;
6. Proof of student status;
7. Applicants MUST be able to swim;
8. Successfully complete a physical and drug/alcohol screening;
9. Undergo a criminal background investigation;
10. Work a flexible schedule that may include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
If the Student Lifeguard or Seasonal Lifeguard positions are not posted currently, please submit a Job Interest Card.
As positions become available they will be posted on Broward County's Careers page under Part-Time Job Opportunities.
For more information on class dates and registration information, contact the park of your interest at the phone number provided below.
Paradise Cove Water Park
C.B. Smith Park
900 N. Flamingo Rd.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
Email: SMaitland@Broward.org or SGilmartin@Broward.org
Tropical Splash Water Park
Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium
3700 N.W. 11th Place
Lauderhill, FL 33311
Splash Adventure Water Park
Quiet Waters Park
401 S. Powerline Rd.
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
Castaway Island Water Park
T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park
3300 N. Park Rd.
Hollywood, FL 33021