Veterinary Science Day Camps
Campers will gain hands-on experience in dissection, suturing, first aid, physical exams, X-ray reading, parasite ID, animal handling, and more. They'll also tour animal facilities throughout South Florida, including those of Humane Society of Broward County
, Palm Beach Zoo
, South Florida Wildlife Center
, Tradewinds Park & Stables
, and University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
. Information on careers in animal-related industries and veterinary science will be provided by professionals in those fields, and participants will learn about volunteer opportunities available to them as high school students.
- Dates/Times - Mon.-Fri., June 19-23, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. daily
- Location - UF/IFAS Broward County Extension Education, 3245 College Ave., Davie 33314
- Target Audience - Ages 14-18 (as of September 1, 2016)
- Fees - $225/camper, or $175 for those eligible for free/reduced lunches (Income Eligibility Form must be completed)
- Registration - Available online until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 11, or until program is full
Project Try-It Day Camps
Hands-on activities will help campers gain knowledge and skills that will last a lifetime as they learn to sew, cook, garden, and much more. Project Sample Camps will also give participants a jump-start on 4-H projects they can engage in year round through 4-H clubs.
- Dates - Session A: Mon.-Fri., July 10-14; Session B: Mon.-Fri., Aug. 7-11
- Times - 9 a.m.-4 p.m. daily
- Location - The Cottage, 500 N.E. First Ave., Fort Lauderdale 33301
- Target Audience - Ages 8-18 (as of September 1, 2016)
- Fees - $95 for 4-H members, $110 for nonmembers; $55 for those eligible for free/reduced lunches (Income Eligibility Form must be completed)
- Registration - Available online by Session A or Session B until 11:59 p.m. on Sundays, July 2 and July 30, respectively, or until programs are full
All camps also require the completion of a Florida 4-H Participation Form and, if relevant, a Florida 4-H Medication Form.