The Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM) pesticide applicator license is for landscape professionals who treat ornamental plant beds with Roundup and/or other caution-labeled pesticides. It does NOT authorize treatment of turf nor application with power equipment or a sprayer with a tank larger than five gallons. The class offers six hours of training to prepare students to take the LCLM license exam at the end of the class. Students will participate in a variety of indoor classroom and outdoor demonstration activities, including such topics as pesticide licensing laws and regulatory information, pesticide safety, pesticide labels, integrated pest management of ornamentals, recognizing and managing problematic insect pests and weeds, and sprayer and spreader calibration. These modules will be followed up with a brief review session and the exam.
PLEASE NOTE: To sit for this exam, you MUST bring to class with you the following items:
- Your completed Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences (FDACS) exam application paperwork.
- A 1.5-inch-by-1.5-inch full-face photo of yourself.
- A check for the $150 exam-sitting fee, made payable to FDACS.
The LCLM exam application plus insurance requirements can be found on pages 8 and 9 of the LCLM Overview & Exam Application.
If you do not pass the exam, you will be required to file another application and $150 fee in order to take the test again.
Who Should Attend?
Green-industry workers who apply Roundup and other caution-labeled pesticides to ornamental plant beds.
Why Should I Attend?
- Receive training in pest identification, scouting, and pesticide application to ornamental plant beds.
- Learn application techniques that can reduce pollution and protect beneficial organisms while safely applying caution-labeled pesticide products.
- Earn your Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM) pesticide applicator's license upon successful completion of the classroom exam at the end of the workshop.
- Empower your business. Many cities and counties require this license to bid on lawn and landscape contracts.
- Earn Pesticide Applicator CEU's - three General Standards Core, plus three in one of the following categories: LL&O, LCLM, and LUF (fertilizer).
Class Date(s) and Registration
Future dates to be announced.
For additional information, contact Extension Education Commercial Horticulture at 954-357-5270.