The Broward County Parks and Recreation Division needs YOU. We welcome and encourage students, parents, retirees, environmentalists, pet lovers, and avid gardeners to share their time and talents with us.
Tell Us What You Think!
Take the time to fill out our on-line surveys. We really do value your opinion. Take the park's survey.
We invite you to become a part of a dedicated agency by volunteering. Volunteering opportunities vary at each park site. We can accommodate a variety of schedules and times. Please call the park of your choice directly or stop by the park office to complete a volunteer application. For volunteers under 18 years old, parental signatures are required. Please bring a photo ID to the park when you sign up. Check the list of parks to find the best location for you. For additional information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 954-357-8153.
Master Gardener is a title granted by the University of Florida to individuals who complete their Master Gardener training and their volunteer hours. These are individuals who are interested in:
- Educating and helping others
- Making civic contributions through volunteer work
For more information, check out the Master Gardener Web page.
Parks Advisory Board
The members of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board are appointed by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners pursuant to Article IV, Section 4.07 of the Charter of Broward County, Florida. The function of the Advisory Board (according to Volume I, Chapter 12, Part V, Section 12.47 of the Broward County Administrative Code, amended on October 17, 2000) will be to:
- Provide an ongoing process allowing public access to the planning, development, management, and programming of the County parks and recreation system.
- Plan and recommend to the Board of County Commissioners proposed projects and activities for the non-land acquisition components of the 2000 Safe Parks and Land Preservation Bond Issue.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Board of County Commissioners on matters relating to the Parks and Recreation Division.
- Each County Commissioner is represented on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board by two appointees from his/her voting district.
More information about the Parks Advisory Board. The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board welcomes your comments and questions. Please e-mail your question.
Urban Wilderness Board
The members of the Urban Wilderness Advisory Board are appointed by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners pursuant to Article II, Section 25½-20 (Ordinance No. 77-36, § 1, 7-13-77; Ordinance No. 90-15, § 1, 7-10-90). The function of the advisory board according to Section 25½-22 will be to:
- Develop and maintain a list of the lands within Broward County that are suitable for designation as wilderness areas.
- Submit to the Commission reports on those lands that should be given the highest priority for designation as wilderness areas.
- Submit to the Commission reports on feasible methods for the acquisition of lands suitable for designation as wilderness areas.
- Formulate rules and regulations to govern the use of designated wilderness areas that may be adopted by the Commission.
- Promote and solicit bequests, donations, and contributions for the benefit of the Urban Wilderness Park System.
- Submit to the Commission an annual report and proposed budget.
- Review and comment on staff-developed resource management plans and master plans and periodically readdress resource management plans for modifications.
More information about the Urban Wilderness Board
Marine Advisory Committee
The Marine Advisory Committee is dedicated to create and maintain a safe and enjoyable recreational boating environment in Broward County for all residents and visitors. Additionally, the Marine Advisory Committee is committed to providing the Broward County Board of County Commissioners with the best possible information, recommendations, and advice relating to all marine and recreational boating related-matters in Broward County. More information about the Marine Advisory Committee
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®