Friends of Anne Kolb Nature Center
c/o Anne Kolb Nature Center
751 Sheridan St.
Hollywood, FL 33019
954-357-5161 • Fax: 954-357-5163
Meets the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. in the nature center’s Mangrove Hall.
- To protect, foster, and advance the unique ecology of South Florida environments through nature-oriented activities such as field studies, nature walks, workshops, and other projects.
- To assist with special projects designed to inform the public of the environmental and ecological processes of the South Florida coast in general and mangrove wetlands in particular.
- To increase public awareness of threatened and endangered species and the need for solutions to pollution and other environmental degradation.
- To assist with visitor relations, newsletter writing, and general office work.
- To operate fundraising activities for the benefit of the nature center.
Find Us: Facebook.com/FriendsOfAnneKolb
Follow Us: Twitter.com/FriendsOfAKNC
Email Us: FriendsOfAKNC@gmail.com
Friends of Deerfield Island Park
P.O. Box 656
Deerfield Beach, FL 33443
954-357-5113 • Fax: 954-357-5101
Meets the second Tuesday of the month at 2 p.m. in the Hillsboro Cove Clubhouse.
- To advocate for and support this green "urban wilderness."
- To encourage volunteerism.
- To oppose any threat of destruction not beneficial to the island.
- To support and protect this gopher tortoise refuge.
- To raise funds to attain our goals.
- To make the park an important community resource.
Find Us: FriendsOfDIP.org
Follow Us: Facebook.com/FriendsOfDIP
Email Us: Info@FriendsOfDIP.org
c/o Fern Forest Nature Center
201 Lyons Rd. South
Coconut Creek, FL 33063
954-357-5198 • Fax: 954-357-5295
Meets regularly in the nature center’s Royal Fern Hall.
- To express our enthusiasm for the natural area that is Fern Forest, as well as South Florida's environmental and ecological concerns.
- To educate the public through interpretive walks, educational programs, lectures, activities, and events.
- To operate various fundraising activities, volunteer for special events benefiting the nature center, and share our curiosity for nature.
Find Us: Facebook.com/FernAllies
Email Us: FernAllies@Broward.org, FernForest@Broward.org
Friends of Long Key Natural Area & Nature Center
c/o Long Key Natural Area & Nature Center
3501 S.W. 130th Ave.
Davie, FL 33330
954-357-8797 • Fax: 954-357-8796
Meets regularly in the nature center's Oak Hammock Hall.
- To protect, promote, foster, and advance the unique ecology of South Florida environments through nature-oriented activities such as field studies, nature walks, workshops, and other such projects.
- To assist worthwhile special projects designed to inform the public of the environmental, historical, and ecological processes of the region within South Florida.
- To increase public awareness of threatened, endangered, and invasive species and the need for solutions to pollution and other environmental degradation.
- To increase public awareness of the historical relevance of the Long Key Natural Area & Nature Center.
- To assist as volunteers to meet the needs of the park.
- To conduct fundraising activities for the benefit of Long Key Natural Area & Nature Center.
Find Us: FriendsOfLongKey.com
Follow Us: Facebook.com/FOLKDavie.FL
Email Us: FolkIncMember@gmail.com
Friends of Secret Woods Nature Center
c/o Secret Woods Nature Center
2701 W. State Rd. 84
Dania Beach, FL 33312
954-357-8884 • Fax: 954-357-8885
Meets regularly in the nature center’s Julia Hall.
- To inform the public of the environmental and ecological processes of South Florida through interpretive walks, public programs, and other means.
- To assist with the editing and distribution of the electronic Secret Woods newsletter.
- To offer nature-related or recyclable items to the public for a small donation.
- To operate fundraising activities for the benefit of Secret Woods.
- To assist with general office work and projects benefiting Secret Woods.
- To assist with the physical upkeep of the grounds, including, but not limited to, removing non-natives and invasives, planting natives, and maintaining trails.
Email Us: KayBTaylor@yahoo.com
Friends of T.Y. Park
4600 Sheridan St., Suite 300
Hollywood, FL 33021
954-357-8811 • Fax: 954-357-8863
The Seminole Indian name for Topeekeegee Yugnee (T.Y.) Park means "meeting or gathering place." The mission of the Friends of T.Y. Park is to ensure that the park continues to thrive as a health and fitness resource, a social gathering place, and a sustaining ecological environment.
- To enhance the overall/general appearance of the park.
- To advocate for improved customer satisfaction and visitor relations.
- To increase membership and raise funds for the benefit of the park.
- To promote the park as an important community resource for programs, health and fitness, and social gatherings.
- To promote a sustainable natural environment at the park.
Follow Us: Facebook.com/FriendsofTYPark
Email Us: Friends@FriendsOfTYPark.org
Tradewinds Farm Hands
c/o Tradewinds Park & Stables
3600 W. Sample Rd.
Coconut Creek, FL 33073
Meets the third Monday of the month at 7 p.m. in the park office.
- Agricultural education
- Barnyard assistance
- General store/information desk aid
- Office/special event aid
- Stable-hand assistance
Email Us: TWFarmTours@gmail.com