Oak Hammock Hall
The 2,390-square-foot Oak Hammock Hall, with a capacity of 280, provides space for meetings, lectures, and exhibitors. Oak Hammock Hall floor plan (PDF 28 KB)
Information About the Use of the Oak Hammock Hall
The Oak Hammock Hall rental facility is available for public use by reservation up to one year in advance. A park Facility User Permit must be filled out and signed to ensure reservation. The facility is not reserved unless full payment is made.
- Decorations: All tablecloths and decorations must be provided by the renter or caterer - they are not included in the rental.
- Capacity: Conference (72" x 24" tables and chairs) seating: 60 people. Banquet (60"-diameter round tables and chairs) seating: 240 people.
- Fees: Current approved fees as stated in the contract apply for a 12-hour period Friday–Sunday and an hourly rental fee Monday–Thursday. Rental includes the use of the caterer’s kitchen and dressing rooms. Additional hours may be added with management approval.
- Payment options: Payment must be made by cash, check, or credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa). If paid by check or credit card, a picture I.D. must be presented. Checks should be made payable to the Broward County Board of County Commissioners.
- Hours of Rental: Fridays-Sundays: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays: 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Time frame includes setup and cleanup and must be strictly adhered to.
- Setup: Park staff will set up tables and chairs if requested.
- Parking: All vehicles must park only in designated areas. Parking in the employee parking section is prohibited except for loading and unloading. Vehicles are not permitted on the grass areas.
- Cleanup/Security Deposit: A cash cleanup/security deposit as stated in the contract is due at the park office on the day of the rental. Entrance into the Oak Hammock Hall is prohibited prior to deposit being made. After the event, when the facility has been sufficiently cleaned as determined by the park staff, the deposit will be returned to the permit holder or designee. The security deposit must be picked up in a timely manner. Failure to clean the facility properly or any violation of park rules will result in loss of deposit. Any property damaged by the rental or guests will be replaced/repaired by the party to at least equal value of the property.
- Cleanup Responsibilities of Renter: The last hour of rental should be used for cleanup. Remove all decorations, including string. Pick up all trash and place in bins. Nothing may be left overnight.
- Activities: The facility may be used for most activities. Any unusual activity and/or equipment (i.e., tents, archways, gazebos) must be approved by park management and noted on the permit prior to activity date.
- Sound Policy: Amplified music and loud noises that interfere with other park patrons are prohibited.
- Smoking: No smoking is allowed in the Oak Hammock Hall.
- Open Flames: Candles, tiki torches, and open flames in the hall or courtyard are prohibited.
- Intoxicants: All intoxicants other than beer and wine are prohibited. Kegs must have park management approval and must be placed in plastic containers.
- Pets: Pets are not allowed within the boundaries of the nature center.
- Setup/Decorations: Staples, tape, nails, tacks, and other items that penetrate surfaces are prohibited. Nothing can be hung from or affixed to the lights, rafters, ceiling, or ceiling fans. All materials must be removed completely within the permit time. Outdoor decorations must be approved by park management. Glitter, sequins, balloons, and confetti are prohibited. Both rice and birdseed are prohibited.
- Tables/Chairs: All tables and chairs, except for folding chairs, must remain inside the assembly hall. A diagram for room setup (PDF 28 KB) should be presented at least two weeks prior to rental date. Failure to present a diagram may result in withdrawal of staff courtesy setup. No setup or storage of property before rental hours.
- Catering: All commercial caterers must provide a copy of their Board of Health Food Handlers' Permit and a Certificate of Insurance to Broward County Parks and Recreation no later than two weeks prior to the rental date. The certificate must contain limits of liability required and established by the Broward County Risk Management Division. The permit holder is responsible for the caterer's personnel, vehicles, and equipment and compliance with all policies, rules, and regulations. All foods must come prepared. No on-site cooking is permitted.
- Subcontracting: No subcontracting on any permit allowed. This will result in immediate revocation of permit and forfeiture of rental fee.
- Sale of Goods, Raffles, etc.: The sale of any article, food, or beverage to the public, without specific written Broward County Parks and Recreation approval, is prohibited by County Ordinance 76-34. Such requests must be made at least one month in advance to the park manager.
- Conduct: The permit holder must take all necessary steps to control all participants. Children must be supervised. Any person or persons violating Facility Rental or Park Rules and Regulations or, in the opinion of the park manager, constituting a public nuisance or potential hazard to public or park property, or exhibiting disorderly conduct, shall be served notice by the park manager and expelled without refund of fees from park property.
- Cancellations/Refunds: Approved cancellation fees are in effect. In order to be eligible for a refund, a cancellation must be made in writing to the park manager at least 14 days prior to intended date of use. The county refund policy will be in effect. No refunds will be given for inclement weather. Refund payment may take from six to eight weeks. The Broward County Board of County Commissioners and the Broward County Parks and Recreation Division will not be responsible for any loss of personal property or injury by fire, theft, accident, or natural incident. The charge for processing a dishonored check, draft, or other order of payment will be applied.
The noncompliance with any of the above-stated rules and regulations may result in the revocation of the permit, loss of cleanup/security deposit, and refusal of any subsequent permit applications for up to one year.
ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
For more information or to make a reservation, call the nature center at 954-357-8797.