Welcome to Markham Park Target Range, one of the finest outdoor range facilities in Florida. The Skeet and Trap Fields' rules and regulations are designed to ensure that your visit with us, whether you’re a newcomer to target shooting or a veteran marksperson, is as enjoyable and safe as possible. Please read and follow them carefully.
1. Make all guns safe:
Keep all actions open or broken
Keep muzzles pointed at the ground or up in the air
Do not shoulder guns except on the skeet and trap fields
Hearing and eye protection are mandatory
2. Shot larger than 7½ or gauges larger than 12 are prohibited.
3. Shotguns must have full-length stocks; minimal barrel length is 26".
4. Shotgun sighting in and patterning are allowed only with the permission of a range officer and only in designated areas.
5. All shooting games, competitions, and rounds must take place within the designated limits of the skeet and trap fields.
6. Rangemaster or assistant rangemaster will make final determination regarding shooting during inclement weather.
7. Shotguns are to be loaded or shouldered only on shooting position. Guns must be unloaded before leaving the position. No more than two shells may be loaded at one time. Trap shooters will not close the action of their shotgun until it is their turn to shoot.
8. To prevent overshooting, doubles are not permitted on station eight.
9. A round of skeet consists of 25 regular targets plus sighters. A round of trap consists of 25 regular targets plus one sighter only.
10. When a range officer is in a trap house and the red warning flag is raised, shooters on the fields must not handle firearms.
11. Only shooters participating in a round are permitted on the fields. Junior shooters (ages 10-17) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
12. Skeet and trap squads shall consist of no more than five shooters.
13. Children must not be left unattended. (Broward County Ordinance 25.5-13)
14. Only range officers are permitted in the trap and skeet houses and in the observation chairs. Only range officers can handle electrical pull cords and pull rounds. Only range officers can load and perform maintenance on skeet and trap machines.
15. Automobiles, motorcycles, and scooters are not permitted on the range access roads. (Broward County Ordinance 25.5, 2E 1, 3)
16. County ordinances prohibit the private sale of firearms and/or related items at the range. (Broward County Ordinance 25.5-7)
17. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at the range. (Broward County Ordinance 25.5-6A, B)
18. Parking in designated areas only.
THE RANGEMASTER WILL REMOVE ANY SHOOTER WHOSE BEHAVIOR IS DETRIMENTAL TO THE SAFE OPERATION OF THE SKEET AND TRAP FIELDS.
Our range officers will be glad to answer any additional questions you might have. Your suggestions and comments on range procedures and practices are welcome. Just leave them at the rangemaster’s office following your visit.
Enjoy yourself...and come back soon.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in order to participate in County programs, services, and activities must contact the Special Populations Section at 954-357-8170 or TTY 954-537-2844 at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled meeting or event to request an accommodation.