2010 K9 Water Festivals - Last Weekend!
When the water parks close to humans in the fall, they open for one weekend just for dogs. For the past 10 years, this has been one of the most popular pet events at Broward County parks. In 2009, a park patron named Eric compiled this video of the event.
Saturday, November 20 and Sunday, November 21 at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach. The park's weekend gate admission of $1.50 per person (children 5 and under free) will be in effect.
Fee is $5 per dog for a 50-minute session. First session begins at 9 a.m. and last session begins at 4 p.m. (small dogs only at the 4 p.m. session). Sessions start on the hour every hour.
Calling all small dogs! At the request of dog moms and dads with pets 25 pounds or less, the last session of every day will be for small dogs only! So, if you want your small dog to only mix with other small dogs, the session for you starts at 4 p.m. and ends at 4:50 p.m. - no large dogs will be allowed in this session.
Here are the rules for the event:
- All dogs must be off leash when inside the facility and will be free to play in the water park.
- Dogs must be sociable and well behaved.
- Dogs must have proof of current rabies vaccination and county license tag.
- Water playgrounds will be closed to humans and open only for dogs (and lifeguards).
- All dogs are limited to no more than two sessions per day.
As we do every year, donations of dog and cat food, treats, blankets, and cash will be accepted for the homeless animals at the Broward County shelters.
For more information, e-mail Parkpaws@broward.org.