The Renaissance was a fascinating period in history when Europe made the transition from the Dark Ages into the modern era. The transformation was marked by revelry and excess in costume and cuisine, which are demonstrated each year in an annual reenactment at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach.
Days/Dates: Saturdays and Sundays, February 13-14, 20-21, and 27-28, and March 5-6, 12-13, 20-21, and 26-27, plus President's Day, Monday, February 15, 2016.
Hours: 10 a.m. to sunset
Fees: Daily admission is $21 for ages 12 and up and $9 for ages 6 to 11. For groups of 20 or more, admission is $16 for ages 12 and up and $8 for ages 6 to 11. Season passes are $75 for ages 12 and up and $35 for ages 6 to 11. Ages 5 and under are admitted free. Prices listed subject to Florida sales tax.
The park's weekend and holiday gate entrance fee of $1.50/person (children 5 and under free) will also be in effect.
VIP Parking: Good for one-day parking right up front! Available on a first-come, first-served basis for $15.
- Crafts Village - including glass blowing, hammered pewter, wooden toys, pottery, clothing
- Performers - including sword fighters, minstrels, magicians, battling knights on horseback
- Hearty Food - including turkey legs, Scotch eggs, love knots (pretzels), queen's buns, tankards of ale and cider
- Games of Chance - including archery, the Test of Strength, Jacob's Ladder
- Rides - including the Carouselle, the Wild Boar, the Flying Swan, the Hurlinator, the Quintain, the Dragon's Maze, Kids' Kingdom, the Gaming Glen
Phone Numbers: 954-775-1642, 1-800-3-REN-FES (373-6337)
Quiet Waters Park
401 S. Powerline Rd., Deerfield Beach, FL 33442