Castaway Island offers two interactive water playgrounds: one for smaller children, with climbing features and a small slide, and the other with features more suitable for older children, including buckets that regularly fill with water and then dump it out onto the playground below. In 2007, the water park's original sand-bottom lagoon was replaced with a zero-entry, hard-bottom swimming pool with a waterfall at one end. The recently renovated aquatics complex also includes a marina that provides boat rentals.
Admission Fees: $8/person for the entire day; $5/person after 3 p.m. Children 12 months and under are admitted free. An individual season pass (Find It All card) is available for $64 per person, which includes admission to Tropical Splash, Splash Adventure, and Castaway Island water parks. The park's regular gate entrance fee of $1.50/person (children 5 and under free) is also in effect on weekends and holidays. Applicable Florida sales tax will be added to all fees except gate fee.
Operating Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 5:20 p.m.
2014 Castaway Island Aquatics Schedule
(Click calendar for PDF version)
Funbrellas: 20-foot-diameter umbrellas are available for rent, each with picnic tables and trash cans. Capacity 30. Funbrellas rent for $35/day on weekdays, $75/day on weekends and holidays. Advance reservations are recommended. Applicable Florida sales tax will be added to all rental fees.
Concessions: Pizza, hot dogs, ice cream, snacks, and beverages are available for purchase. Coolers are now permitted in the aquatics area. No glass containers, no alcoholic beverages, and no pizza or food deliveries are permitted. For more information, contact the park office at 954-357-8811.
Prepaid Gate Admission and Aquatics Passes: Available for purchase at the park office at least 14 days in advance of your event, to ensure ample time for distribution of passes to your guests prior to your visit. Prepaid passes cannot be distributed on the day of the event at the entrance gate.
Camps: One counselor is required for every 10 children and will be admitted at no charge. All camp groups must be registered in advance of their visit to guarantee admission. Contact the park office at 954-357-8811 or email TYPark@broward.org. Camp packet (PDF - 488 KB)
Marina: Boat rentals are available on weekends and holidays only from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with the last rental leaving at 4 p.m. and returning by 5 p.m. Kayaks, canoes, paddleboats, and johnboats rent for $10/hour, $15/two hours, and $25/four hours. A refundable deposit is required. Children ages 17 and under must be accompanied on each boat by an adult at least 18 years of age. U.S. Coast Guard-approved life vests are required and are provided free of charge to boaters.
Castaway Island's operating hours are 9:30 a.m. - 5:20 p.m.
Rules and Regulations:
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age at all times. All children 5 years and younger must be within arm's reach of an adult at all times while in the water park.
- Proper swimming attire is required - no jean shorts, no cutoffs, and no plastic or metal accessories on clothing allowed.
- Diaper-changing is permitted in restrooms only; waterproof diapers are required.
- Patrons with wounds, open sores, and skin infections will be excluded from water activities.
- Instructions from park staff and lifeguards must be followed.
- U.S. Coast Guard-approved life vests are allowed and are available free upon request.
- Patrons must shower before entering any water areas.
- Participation in water activities is at patron's own risk.
- Climbing or swinging on pipes, handrails, or ropes
- Sliding headfirst on slides - feetfirst only
- Running or "dangerous behavior"
- Floats or water toys and equipment
- Food or drink in water areas
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Animals or pets
- Chewing gum
- Masks, fins, or snorkels
- Throwing objects
Management reserves the right to refuse service or expel any patron with just cause.
Required plug-ins: Adobe® Reader® | Microsoft Office Reader®