We regulate chauffeurs that operate vehicles in Broward County as detailed in Chapter 22-½ of the Broward County Code of Ordinances. Those who drive taxicabs, luxury sedans, stretch limousines, transport vans, paratransit service vehicles or for a transportation network company (TNC) are required to have a Chauffeur's Registration. Registrations are issued for 2 years, unless we determine they are subject to certain conditions.
Minimum requirements for applicants seeking a registration include:
- A valid Florida driver license
- Proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- A satisfactory score on the Division exam
- The mental, emotional and physical ability to safely carry out the duties inherent in operating a motor vehicle-for-hire.
Applicants meeting these minimum requirements must pass a criminal and driving record background check and other considerations outlined in the ordinance. Registrations may be suspended or revoked for violations and are immediately invalidated if the registrant's driver license is suspended.
Broward County Code of Ordinances: Chapter 22½: Motor Carriers
Consumer Complaint Forms
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Federal Trade Commission
Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation (DBPR)
Florida Division of Consumer Services
Transportation Network Companies