We regulate chauffeurs that operate vehicles in Broward County as detailed in Chapter 22-½ of the Broward County Code of Ordinances. Individuals who drive taxicabs, luxury sedans, stretch limousines, transport vans, paratransit service vehicles or for a transportation network company (TNC) are required to have a Chauffeur's Registration. Registrations are issued for a two years, unless we determine they are subject to certain conditions.
Minimum requirements for applicants seeking a registration include:
- A valid Florida driver license
- Proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English
- A satisfactory score on the Division exam
- The mental, emotional and physical ability to safely carry out the duties inherent in operating a motor vehicle-for-hire.
Applicants meeting these minimum requirements are subject to a criminal and driving record background check and other considerations outlined in the ordinance.
Registrations may be suspended or revoked for violations and are immediately invalidated should the registrant's driver license be suspended.