If you drive a vehicle for hire, other than a TNC or CMC, you must register as a chauffeur with Broward County. Drivers for TNCs and CMCs must register with the company itself.
You are strongly encouraged to apply online to avoid lines and making a trip to our office. If you choose to apply in person, we are located at 1 N. University Dr. in Plantation. You may apply any time Monday through Friday from 8AM to 3PM. You may record your fingerprints at our office or you may visit any Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) fingerprint providers using our ORI number: FL924990Z.
Please have the following ready when you apply:
- Completed application
- A valid Florida Driver License
- Proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States
- Registration fee of $88.75 ($74 if fingerprints are recorded with outside vendor)
In addition, you must:
- Have the ability to speak, read and write in English
- Have the mental, emotional and physical ability to safely carry out the duties in operating a motor vehicle for hire