If you operate a motor vehicle for hire then you must register as a chauffeur. This includes all those who operate a vehicle associated with a Transportation Network Company (TNC), such as Uber and Lyft.
You may apply online or in person at our office located at 1 N. University Dr. in Plantation; Monday through Friday from 8AM to 3:30PM. Soon you will be able to record your fingerprints at Government Center West, 1 N. University Dr. in Plantation, Monday - Friday from 8AM - 4PM. If you choose, you may also visit any Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) fingerprint providers using our ORI Number once available.
Please have the following ready when you apply:
- Completed application
- A copy of your Complete Florida Driving Record*
- A valid Florida Driver License
- Proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the United States
- Registration fee of $74
In addition, you must:
- Have the ability to speak, read and write in English
- Have the mental, emotional and physical ability to safely carry out the duties in operating a motor vehicle for hire
- Pass the Division exam