Applying for or Renewing a Movers' Registration

You must provide the following:

  1. Completed application
  2. Payment of $325 registration fee and $50 mover permit (decal) fee for each vehicle
  3. Copy of your driver’s license
  4. Copy of your vehicle registration for each vehicle
  5. Copy of your insurance certificates
  6. Copy of your workers' compensation insurance or exemption certificate
  7. Copy of your county business tax receipt
  8. Copy of your city business tax receipt (if applicable)
  9. Copy of your corporation or fictitious name documents


  • We accept cash (in person only), check, credit card or money order. Make checks payable to Broward County Board of County Commissioners.
  • Certificates of insurance include: cargo legal liability, motor vehicle combined bodily injury and property damage liability and general liability certificates of insurance (ACORD form). The certificates must prove adequate insurance coverage that is in full force and effect. For insurance coverage minimum limit, see the Broward County Moving Ordinance. The certificates must list Broward County Permitting, Licensing and Consumer Protection Division as a certificate holder and must provide at least 30 days advance notice of cancellation. If using truck rentals, you must provide us with a statement from the rental company that the truck is for moving purpose; and provide proof of insurance.
  • If your business has 3 or fewer employees, you must provide a "Certificate of Exemption from Florida Workers' Compensation Law" from the State of Florida Department of Financial Services or submit an explanation letter of exemption.
  • Provide a copy of the Articles of Incorporation and corporate minutes listing your business' officers/directors. If operating under a fictitious name, you must provide a copy of an active, current fictitious name registration, issued by Florida Secretary of State, Division of Corporations.

 ​​​New Applicants

When we have verified that you have submitted all of the above, we will send your new registration and vehicle decal(s) by certified mail. You must also apply for your Intrastate Moving License with the
Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.

Renewal Applicants

After we process your registration fees and verify all the above information has been submitted and is complete, we will send your new registration and vehicle decal(s) by certified mail.


Mover Resources

Broward County Consumer Protection Code: Movers
Consumer Disclosure and Moving Bill of Rights
Mover Licensing Forms
Mover Regulations