If platting is required, you must first apply with the municipality and then with us. Both reviews occur at the same time. Your application cannot be scheduled for a hearing by the County Commission until the municipality has approved the plat.
The County’s review includes:
- Identifying conditions needed for the proposed plat to comply with Broward County’s Land Development Code
- Identifying corrections to the plat drawing needed to comply with Florida law
- Providing advisory comments on issues needing addressed after the platting process
Plat applications are reviewed by 23 review agencies to ensure compliance with all requirements. Subject areas include
- Transportation impacts
- Water and wastewater services
- Safe and adequate access
- Dedication of right-of-ways for major roadways
- Park and school impacts
- Impacts on wetlands and designated environmental areas
- Land Use Plan consistency
For unincorporated area plats, the review also includes issues like fire protection and zoning.