The Broward County Environmental Protection and Growth Management Department recognized several local businesses, government agencies and residents for their outstanding environmentally-responsible practices on Tuesday, April 13, 2010. Each winner received an Emerald Award trophy or a NatureScape Stepping Stone for their exceptional efforts in protecting the environment.
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners presented trophies to the winners at a special ceremony; followed by a brief reception:
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 1:30 p.m.
Broward County Governmental Center
Broward County Commission Chambers, Room 422
115 S. Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
|These are the trophies that were given to the 2009 Environmental Trophy Winners on April 13, 2010.
||This is an example of the NatureScape Stepping Stone awarded to NatureScape Broward Trophy Winners.|
The winners were:
2009 Environmental Trophy Winners (click on the business name to read their case study)
2009 NatureScape Broward Trophy Winners
- Richard Allen and Steve Grzywacz
- Peter and Deborah Strelkow
- Suzy Pinnell andParker Ranspach
- Kelly Heffernan
- Dr. Genevieve Chung
The Environmental Business of the Year were announced at the Trophy Ceremony on April 13, 2010.
• Download an Emerald Award Application (PDF 110 KB)
• Download a NatureScapeApplication (PDF 188 KB)
• Download a Climate Change Leaders Application (PDF 323 KB)
Media Kit - click on media kit to obtain additional information on the program:
- Fact sheets with benefits and rewards for Emerald Award program
- Categories for business recognition
- How to apply
- Inspection checklist that our inspectors use
- Newsletter articles
- Public service announcements
- Past press releases
- Detailed case studies of past winners
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®