The Broward County Environmental Protection and Growth Management Department recognized several local businesses, government agencies and residents for their outstanding environmentally-responsible practices on Tuesday, April 12, 2011. Each winner received an Emerald Award trophy or a NatureScape Stepping Stone for their exceptional efforts in protecting the environment.
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners presented trophies to the winners at a special ceremony; followed by a brief reception:
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 at 1:30 p.m.
Broward County Governmental Center
Broward County Commission Chambers, Room 422
115 S. Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
|These are the trophies that were given to the 2010 Environmental Trophy Winners on April 12, 2011.
||This is an example of the NatureScape Stepping Stone awarded to NatureScape Broward Trophy Winners. |
The winners were:
2010 Environmental Trophy Winners (click on the business name to read their case study)
2010 NatureScape Broward Trophy Winners
- Aveda Institute of South Florida
- Rose Butman and Thomas L. Chancey
- Mary Butterfield
- City of Wilton Manors Parks & Leisure Services
- Judy and Dan Niswonger
The Environmental Business of the Year were announced at the Trophy Ceremony on April 12, 2011.
• Download an Emerald Award Application (PDF 110 KB)
• Download a NatureScapeApplication (PDF 188 KB)
• Download a Climate Change Leaders Application (PDF 323 KB)
Media Kit - click on media kit to obtain additional information on the program:
- Fact sheets with benefits and rewards for Emerald Award program
- Categories for business recognition
- How to apply
- Inspection checklist that our inspectors use
- Newsletter articles
- Public service announcements
- Past press releases
- Detailed case studies of past winners
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®