Tourist Development Tax Online Payment Instructions
To pay your Tourist Development taxes online, follow these simple instructions:
- Set up a User Account.
Before you file and pay your taxes electronically, you must set up a user account in Broward County’s online system, TouristExpress. Go to the website, https://www.broward.county-taxes.com, and click TOURIST EXPRESS. Click REGISTER NOW. You will be required to enter your name, address, phone number, email address, password and security question and answer. Please note you will need your email address and password to logon to the system the first time. After your request is submitted, you will receive an email notifying you that your user account is active.
- Set up a Tourist Tax Account.
The second step is to set up a Tourist Development Tax account under your user account. When you receive the email notifying you that your user account is active, it provides a confirmation link. Click on the link and you will be directed to the ADD A TOURIST ACCOUNT page. Fill in your Broward account number, the physical location of the property and the requested information on a previously paid return. Click SUBMIT.
If you have more than one location, click ADD ANOTHER TOURIST TAX ACCOUNT and enter the information for each location as above. After your request is submitted, Broward County Records, Taxes and Treasury Division will verify the information and send you email notifications for each location account. In the event that verification is delayed the first time you access the system, to avoid late fees please be prepared to file and pay by the traditional method.
- File Returns.
You are now ready to file your returns online. You can logon with your email address and password. Please note that the due date for each return is the 20th of each month. If the 20th falls on Saturday, Sunday or a holiday, the due date will be the following business day.
GUIDELINES FOR FILING TOURIST DEVELOPMENT TAX RETURNS ELECTRONICALLY
- After logging-on, click on the account number and the month you wish to file. Fill in the amounts as you would file a paper return. The system will calculate the total amount due. Only payment in full will be accepted online.
- Click FILE RETURN AND ADD AND TO CART. Enter your email address and the requested bank account information. Please note that we only accept ACH payments. No credit card payments are accepted.
- After confirming the information, click CHECK OUT. Print the receipt page for your record. If you wish to print a copy of the return, click on PRINT THIS RETURN.
- If you wish to file another return, click MY TOURIST ACCOUNTS on the top of the page and repeat the steps.
- You are required to file the return and pay the tax on the same day. Filed but unpaid returns will be deleted from the system at the end of each day.