Report A Complaint


The Environmental, Engineering and Permitting Division initiates administrative disciplinary action against the license of a Broward County contractor who has violated a law, an ordinance or the Florida Building Code. More...

Unsafe Buildings

If a building is abandoned and presents a possible hazard, it may be inspected for violations. If those violations are deemed to present a hazard, the Florida Building Code allows the appropriate building official to declare it an "Unsafe Structure." The Code also has provisions for notifying the owner of record to correct the violations or demolish the building. If the owner does nothing, the building may be demolished and the owner will be billed for the cost.

To report an abandoned and hazardous structure located in Broward Municipal Services District (BMSD) or a city Broward County contracts with, call 954-765-4400, Option 6.

For an abandoned building located elsewhere, please contact the municipality in which it is located.

Code Compliance

The Environmental, Engineering and Permitting Division investigates complaints about maintenance problems of properties located in the BMSD or a municipality under contract with the County. If you have a concern or complaint regarding community standards in the Broward Municipal Services District, please call 954-765-4400, Option 8. More...