share   tweet

Real Property

Skip Navigation LinksReal Property : Frequently Asked Questions

 Frequently Asked Questions


My property has been assessed this year for $$$$$$. Who can tell me what this means and what I can do about it?

Broward County Property Appraiser’s Office, under the direction of an independent Broward County Constitutional Officer, conducts an annual property assessment of your property. This assessment is an official valuation of your property for ad valorem or tax purposes. For more information about property assessments, contact the Broward County Property Appraiser’s Office at 954-357-6830.

Broward County Real Property Section, on the other hand, is a County agency that organizes a professional, systematic analysis (property appraisal) to determine the property’s current market value for the purposes of County asset acquisition, disposal or leasing. Real Property Section provides property appraisal services for the Broward County Board of Commissioners, the County Administrator’s Office (CEO) and all Broward County internal agencies only (not for the general public). Real Property Section’s property appraisal services (one of several of its due diligence functions) are in full compliance with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP), Florida Statutes, Broward County Code and Broward County Administrative Code.

Does Broward County have any properties that are for sale? The County owns a vacant lot next to my home and I would like to buy it.

Broward County Real Property Section maintains a list of Broward County-owned real estate that has been officially declared surplus by the Broward County Board of Commissioners. Please contact Real Property Section at 954-357-6826 regarding these surplus properties or interest in any other specific parcel of Broward County-owned real estate.

Is this the government office where I would record an official document?

Broward County Records, Taxes and Treasury Division is the agency responsible for officially recording all documents. They can be reached at 954-357-7283.​​​