All information must be legible.
- Husband and wife, domestic partners, or others who co-habitate may sign the same form. All other individuals must submit separate forms.
- The Declaration of Domicile form must be notarized. Use a notary public of your choice, or notary services are available from at the Records, Taxes and Treasury Division, for a fee of $10 per name, in addition to the standard recording charges. All persons who signed the document must appear before the notary, with proper identification. For our office to notarize your document, each party must have current government-issued picture identification, such as a driver's license, a state identification card or current passport.
- Line 1 - Fill in the last address you lived at before you moved to the state of Florida/or if within Florida, your previous address
- Line 2 - Fill in the date you moved to Florida
- Line 3 - Fill in your current address
- Line 4 - Your signature
- Line 5 - Clearly and legibly PRINT the name that you signed
You may record your document through the mail or in person. If you record through the mail, your document must be notarized before you send it to us. Mail notarized document to:
Records, Taxes and Treasury Division
P.O. Box 14668
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33302
- Include a self-addressed, postage paid envelope for the return of the document after processing
- Include the recording fee of $10 for a one-page document
- Make check or money order payable to Board of County Commissioners (do not send cash)
- If you want to request a certified copy of the recorded document in addition to the recorded original, include certified copy fees of $3 per document, in addition to recording fees
Documents may be recorded in person at the Records, Taxes and Treasury Division:
Broward County Governmental Center, Room 114
115 S. Andrews Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
You will receive the original recorded document back at the time of recording.