share   tweet

Report a Complaint

Skip Navigation LinksReport a Complaint : Building/Zoning



The Environmental Engineering and Permitting Division investigates complaints against licensed or unlicensed contractors, reports of code compliance violations (in certain communities), and reports of unsafe buildings.


The Environmental Engineering and Permitting Division can initiate administrative disciplinary action against the license of a Broward County contractor who has violated a law, an ordinance or the Florida Building Code. They cannot make a contractor perform corrective work or pay damages, and have no authority to impose the settlement of a contract or other civil damages. Complaints must be submitted in writing. More…
File a Complaint Against a Contractor (PDF)

Unsafe Buildings

If a building is abandoned and presents a possible hazard, it may be inspected for violations. If those violations are deemed to present a hazard, the Florida Building Code allows the appropriate building official to declare it an "Unsafe Structure." The Code also has provisions for notifying the owner of record to correct the violations or demolish the building. If the owner does nothing, the building may be demolished and the owner will be billed for the cost.

To report an abandoned and hazardous structure located in Broward Municipal Services District​ (Broward County unincorporated area) or a city Broward County contracts with, call 954-765-4400, Option 6. For all others, contact the municipality in which the structure is located.

Code Compliance

Broward County investigates complaints about code violations occurring in Broward Municipal Services District (Broward County unincorporated area), and any city Broward County contracts with. There are several convenient ways you can report a violation:

  • Report Online
  • eMail
  • Report in person at Government Center West, 1 N. University Drive, Plantation, FL 33324
  • Call the Broward County Call Center at 311 or 954-831-4000 (8:30AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday)