Broward County Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division’s Engineers and Project Managers plan, design and oversee the construction of multiple service contracts as well as in-house projects.
We also manage the administration and construction of ongoing maintenance programs as well as County capital projects involving roadway resurfacing, sidewalk and drainage improvements, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance, guardrail, landscaping and bridge rehabilitation.
Some of the primary responsibilities of this group are to:
- Identify project scope of work and develop design plans.
- Manage and provide technical support to the construction projects.
- Develop and advance the Division’s priority projects.
- Prepare and manage the Division’s contracts and agreements.
- Develop and maintain the Division’s Geographical Information System (GIS).
One of our recently completed projects involves the design and construction of New River Greenway between Northwest 136th Avenue and Markham Park. It consists of a 12-foot multipurpose pathway with native vegetation and xeriscaping that provide shade to bicyclists and pedestrians. This greenway provides public access to camping, picnicking, mountain biking, trails, playgrounds and other facilities. Eventually, it will connect to both the Flamingo and Hiatus Greenways as well as spanning east to the beach.