Frequently Asked Questions Field Operations

How can I report a pothole, debris in the roadway, clogged storm drain, overgrown shoulder or median, damaged guardrail or broken curb?
You can call us at 954-357-6040 or report the issue online. You can also email us.

How do I find out what agency has jurisdiction over my street?
Generally, neighborhood streets in front of your house fall under the jurisdiction of your city. You can find major roadway jurisdictions here.

Who maintains the swale in front of my house?
Maintenance of the grass, trees and shrubs in the area between the sidewalk and the street is the responsibility of the homeowner.

Who is responsible for repairing my sidewalk?
Unless you live in unincorporated Broward County, you should contact your city’s Public Works Department. If you live in unincorporated Broward County, contact us by telephone, email or online with specific information on where the damaged sidewalk is located.

Who do I call to have trash and debris removed from the lot next to my property?
You should contact the Code Enforcement Department of your city or our office if you live in unincorporated Broward County. You can find contact information for the Code Enforcement Department in your city here.

Where do I report overgrown vegetation that may be blocking street signs?
Reports of traffic control signs that are blocked by vegetation should be reported to our office at 954-357-6040, online or by email at

Who maintains and repairs traffic lights?
Traffic Engineering is responsible for maintaining and repairing traffic lights.

The striping on my street is faded out. Who do I contact?
Traffic Engineering is the agency that you would contact to have your street restriped.

Can I request a street sweeper to sweep my street?
As long as the street is under the jurisdiction of Broward County, we will maintain that street. You can contact our office to schedule a street sweeping.

I am disabled and would like to request ADA standard curb ramps in my neighborhood. Who do I call?
You should contact your city’s Public Works Department. If you live in unincorporated Broward County, you should contact our office with your request.

How can I participate in the Adopt-A-Street Program in unincorporated Broward County?
Contact Broward County Solid Waste and Recycling Services at 954-765-4020 ext. 249 for Adopt-A-Street information.

How can I find out more about Broward County Public Works projects?
You can find information at Broward County Engineering Division’s Capital Project website.

Required Plug-ins: PDF icon  Adobe® Reader®