The Site may contain threaded discussions, chat rooms, listservs and other communication forums. These limited public forums are provided to allow members of the public to share ideas and information pertaining to certain issues affecting Broward County. While Broward County encourages users to interact with Broward County through these limited public forums on the specific issues presented, Broward County expects members to affirm that they are over the age of 18 and that they will interact in an appropriate manner as set forth in the code of conduct below. Broward County does not agree with or endorse every comment that users may post on any of these communication forums. If you are under the age of 18, you may not access public forums without the consent of a parent or guardian.
By participating in any of these forums, users agree to send and receive messages that are both proper and related to the forum topic. The following actions are unacceptable practices, and users engaging in such practices may have their comments deleted and may be blocked from use of the communication forums:
- Defaming, harassing, threatening, or otherwise violating the legal rights of others, including their privacy (see below);
- Misrepresenting one's person, background, or character;
- Posting any defamatory, infringing, profane, obscene, false, nudity or unlawful material;
- Selling, advertising, or exchanging any goods or services unless expressly allowed and authorized by prior written approval of the Broward County's Public Communications Office;
- Posting any copyrighted, patented or other protected material owned by a third party;
- Posting material that is unrelated to the forum topic.
Users agree to use the Site's forums at their own risk. While championing proper use of such forums, Broward County cannot and does not guarantee that violations of the above code for use of the forums will not occur, and Broward County cannot verify or confirm the accuracy of any comments posted by any user. Broward County is not responsible for violations of the above code of conduct or for any inaccurate or misinformation posted on the Site by any user.
User of certain communication forums may be for a particular timeframe. Once the particular discussion is deemed closed by Broward County, the forum may be closed and archived by Broward County.
Users who are subject to the sunshine laws based on any appointed or elected positions should abide by the restrictions and obligations of such laws; if the user is uncertain of the applicability of such restrictions, the user should refrain from participating in the discussions on this Site.
Last modified: July 15, 2014.