Broward County is improving traffic flow through our “Green Lights Program,” to coordinate traffic signals along our major streets. We will be retiming our most frequently traveled roadways over the next several months according to the Green Lights Program schedule. Drivers traveling along streets where signal retiming is in effect will experience fewer delays and more green lights. When you drive at the posted speed limit, you will you pass through more continuous green lights during your trip.
The primary benefit to signal coordination is to improve traffic flow and reduce delays and stops. Reducing the number of unnecessary stops along our busiest streets will:
- Minimize fuel consumption
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduce travel delays
- Reduce economic losses
- Improve safety
Green Lights Program
We are interested in receiving feedback of your experiences along the streets where these changes are being implemented per the Green Lights Program schedule.
- What are you experiencing on a particular street where these changes have been implemented?
- Are you consistently braking for red lights on a major street? If so, let us know and we will review the pattern in relationship to other traffic signals along the major street.
- Let us know where you see improvements – few reds and more green lights!
Share your experience with the GREEN LIGHTS Strike Force!
Microsoft PowerPoint Reader® Adobe® Reader®