Your Agency Recycling!
at work has never been easier since the County implemented an “all-in-one”
system. Now all of your recyclables, including paper, plastic bottles, and
aluminum and steel cans, can go into the blue recycling bins.
What’s that? You
don’t have a recycling bin?
Solid Waste and Recycling Services has a Government
Recycling Program that provides recycling bins to County agencies. We also
offer workplace assessments to make recommendations and share best practices to
ensure that every employee, agency, office and facility has what they need to
create a sustainable recycling practice.
the Government Offices Recycling Program coordinator at 954-474-1867 or send us an email at BCGovRecycles@broward.org to request recycling
bins* and/or a workplace assessment.
Be Proactive—Create a Green Workplace!
- Purchase durable products
- Use email for memos, messages, reports, etc.
- Use the “other” side of paper for drafts and notes
- Post announcements on a common bulletin board
- Work with vendors to ship materials in returnable, recyclable packaging, or use less materials
- Drink from reusable cups or mugs instead of disposable ones
- Reuse envelopes, file folders, dividers and binders
- Reuse outdated letterhead to print drafts, or as notepaper
- Reuse/swap office furniture and equipment
- Paper (computer, copy and fax paper); file folders, envelopes (including window)
- Chipboard (lightweight cardboard)
- Newspapers, magazines, journals, catalogs, flyers, brochures, pamphlets
- Cardboard, flattened
- Narrow-neck plastic bottles
- All glass beverage containers
- Aluminum and steel metal cans
- Aseptic packaging (juice and soup boxes)
- Gable-top containers (milk and juice cartons)