Is Your Broward County Agency Recycling?
Recycling at Broward County government agencies has never been easier since the County implemented an “all-in-one”
system. Now all of your recyclables, including paper, plastic bottles, and aluminum and steel cans, can go into the blue recycling bins. If your agency is not recycling yet, what are you waiting for?
What’s that? You
don’t have a recycling bin?
Solid Waste and Recycling Services has a Government Recycling Program that provides recycling bins to County agencies. We also offer workplace assessments to make recommendations and share best practices to ensure that every employee, agency, office and facility has what they need to create a sustainable recycling practice.
Contact the Government Offices Recycling Program coordinator at 954-474-1867 or send us an email at BCGovtRecycles@broward.org to request recycling bins* and/or a workplace assessment.
*Recycling bins are provided to supplement, not replace, regular waste bins. You must currently have a waste bin in order to receive a recycling bin.
Be Proactive—Create a Green Workplace!
- Purchase durable products
- Use email for memos, messages, reports, etc.
- Use the “other” side of paper for drafts and notes
- Post announcements on a common bulletin board
- Work with vendors to ship materials in returnable, recyclable packaging, or use less materials
- Drink from reusable cups or mugs instead of disposable ones
- Reuse envelopes, file folders, dividers and binders
- Reuse outdated letterhead to print drafts, or as notepaper
- Reuse/swap office furniture and equipment
- Paper (computer, copy and fax paper); file folders, envelopes (including window)
- Chipboard (lightweight cardboard)
- Newspapers, magazines, journals, catalogs, flyers, brochures, pamphlets
- Cardboard, flattened
- Narrow-neck plastic bottles
- All glass beverage containers
- Aluminum and steel metal cans
- Aseptic packaging (juice and soup boxes)
- Gable-top containers (milk and juice cartons)