Residents of multifamily communities (condos, apartments) in Broward County are encouraged to implement and maintain residential recycling programs. Many cities have exclusive agreements with haulers to provide solid waste and recycling services to apartment and condominium communities.
Contact your city for names of haulers authorized to provide recycling
For residents living in condos and apartments, recycling
is easy! Single-stream recycling lets you put recyclable
items "all-in-one" container, without having to sort.
Place these items in your recycling cart or bin(s):
DO NOT place these items in your recycling cart or bin(s):
- Rechargeable batteries
- Plastic bags or plastic wrap
- Styrofoam or plastic take-out containers or trays
- Certain glass products including window and autoglass, lightbulbs, mirrors, glass cookware, bakeware, or ceramics
- Scrap metal
- Paint and pesticides
- Electronic waste or accessories
- Medical waste or pharmaceuticals
- Household garbage and other waste such as gas cylinders, tanks, rocks, dirt, building debris, flammables, small appliances
- Food-contaminated paper or cardboard, or waxed cardboard
- Pizza boxes
- Misc. plastics (toys, cups, etc.)
Owners and Managers of Multifamily Complexes
Recycling offers owners and property managers an opportunity to reduce waste and associated disposal costs. Savings can often be realized through the combination of a reduction in service days, using smaller waste containers, and most importantly, increasing the recycling rate at your property.
For more information about multifamily recycling, call your municipal recycling department or 954-765-4999.