Industrial Pretreatment Program
The Industrial Pretreatment program is a federally mandated program under the Clean Water Act, which controls the discharges of commercial and industrial facilities. The primary goals of the Broward County Industrial Pretreatment Program include the following:
- To protect the health and safety of the community and County workers.
- To prevent the introduction of pollutants into our treatment plants that will interfere with treatment operations.
- To prevent the introduction of pollutants into our treatment plants that cannot be treated and will pass through the plant and into the environment or otherwise be incompatible with treatment facilities.
- To improve opportunities to beneficially use domestic wastewater residuals (reclaimed water and biosolids) .
- To enforce all applicable EPA Pretreatment Standards and State of Florida Pretreatment Regulations.
Septage Receiving Facility
The goal of the Septage Receiving Facility is to provide a cost-effective service which ensures the proper disposal of non-hazardous liquid waste in support of Broward County’s environmental protection efforts.