Airport Ambassadors are diplomats of goodwill making a positive impression on the more than 23 million passengers traveling through the Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) each year. They support Broward County Aviation Department’s commitment to exceptional customer service. They introduce visitors to the spirit of the Greater Fort Lauderdale area: friendly, outgoing and caring.
Ambassadors are trained in customer service to assist passengers with the many questions they have about FLL’s facility or services. The information they provide includes directions to particular airlines, gates, restaurants, internet services, rental car services, ground transportation, hotels, and tourist information.
Airport Ambassadors should be able to work well with people, assist others and possess good communication skills. We are looking for reliable and committed individuals who are physically able to meet the demands of working in a dynamic and spacious airport environment.
Ambassador Duties Include
- Responding to inquiries for flight information and assistance.
- Providing directions to and from the airport to local tourist attractions and landmarks.
- Providing information on accessing airport services and navigating the terminals.
- Assisting FLL staff with special events.
- Answering questions on transportation, hotel, dining, and shopping options.
- Passing along customer comments.
In addition to the personal satisfaction of helping others, Airport Ambassador benefits include:
- Discounts on airport gift or food items.
- Free parking in the employee parking lot.
- Free coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and snacks.
- Special recognition functions and service awards.
- Participation in special events, such as Airport tours, customer appreciation events, and inaugural events.
- Access to training opportunities and Lunch and Learns.
- Uniform jacket and shirt.
- Opportunity to work with a wonderful group of people.
- Age 16 and above
- Shifts available seven days a week between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- A minimum of one, four-hour shift a week.
The Airport Ambassador Program also offers internship opportunities.
- Print and then complete the following form:
Ambassador Application (PDF)
Please submit a copy of your Driver’s License or State ID with the application.
- Email the completed form to email@example.com or mail the completed form to:
Broward County Aviation Department
2200 SW 45th Street, Suite 101
Dania Beach, FL 33312
The Volunteer Coordinator will call you after receiving the forms.
You can meet with the Volunteer Coordinator and attend an Orientation Class. For more information, call the Airport Volunteer Coordinator at 954-359-2589 or email VolunteerFLL@broward.org
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®