2019-2021 Strategic Plan
View It Here
Found Kittens? Here is What you Should Do!
A shelter is no place for baby kittens. If you find baby kittens please leave them in place to see if their Mother is in the area--she is the best caregiver for her babies. If Mom is not around, then please help by fostering the kittens until they are old enough to be adopted. Animal Care will supply food and medical care for the family. Read all about Caring for Found Kittens here.
Join the Team!
Be part of our team and make a difference by volunteering! Our upcoming Volunteer Orientations will take place:
- Saturday, August 10, at Noon
- Thursday, August 22, at 5PM
All orientations will be held at our Adoption Center, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale, 33312.
Sign up to attend a session.
Additional Dates added to Rabies Clinic Schedule
Residents now have two Rabies Clinic options each month! For August, the Clinics will be held on:
- Saturday, August 17, from 9AM to NOON, at the former Pompano shelter, 3100 NW 19th Terrace in Pompano.
- Saturday, August 24, from 9AM to 2PM at the Collins Community Center, 3900 NE 3rd Avenue in Oakland Park.
All Broward County residents with pets are invited to attend. Cost for a one-year rabies vaccination and Broward County Rabies Registration Tag is:
- $25 if your pet is spayed/neutered
- $35 if your pet is NOT spayed/neutered
Microchips, with FREE registration, are also available to all pet owners.
For more information and a complete Rabies Clinic schedule, please click here.