Hurricane Season has Ended!
South Florida experienced destructive effects from hurricanes this year. Many residents are still recovering due to damage to homes and businesses. If you’re one of the lucky ones and still have emergency hurricane kit supplies, consider donating them to an organization to help others less fortunate.
Hurricane Irma Updates
Broward County residents and businesses may find the following recovery resources helpful.
- Business Assistance – Businesses can contact the Florida Virtual Business Emergency Operations Center for a Damage Assessment Survey form.
- Small Business and Unemployment Assistance - Find out if you qualify for the Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Program, the Internal Revenue Service tax relief for survivors of disasters, or Disaster Unemployment Assistance for individuals whose employment or self-employment has been lost or interrupted. SBA Customer Service Representatives, assisting in applying for loans, are currently located at Broward County's Tamarac Branch Library, 8701 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac. The hours are Monday - Wednesday, 10 am - 8 pm and Thursday - Saturday, 10 am - 6 pm. The filing deadline for economic injury applications through the SBA is June 11, 2018.
SBA Business Flyer (English/Spanish)
SBA Homeowner (English/Spanish)
Disaster Loans: The Three Step Process (English)
- Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities – Individuals with disabilities who need assistance post Hurricane Irma with repairs/damage to their home, taking down hurricane shutters, generators for power restoration, temporary living arrangements, wheelchairs, walkers and other medical devices can call 954-722-6400 or contact Center for Independent Living or visit Cilbroward.org.
- Broward County Call Center – 311 or 954-831-4000
- FPL – 800-4-OUTAGE (800-468-8243)
- Comcast - 800-COMCAST or visit customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support
- State of Florida Emergency Information – 1-800-342-3557
- Price Gouging Hotline – 866-966-7226 or visit myfloridalegal.com. Keep your receipt or take a photograph of the displayed charge to support your complaint.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Program – 800-659-2955 (TTY/TDD:1-800-877-8339) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- State of Florida Online Damage Assessment for Businesses - http://flvbeoc.org/
- FEMA Individual Assistance – 800-621-3362 or 800-621-FEMA or visit DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Insurance Consumer Helpline - 877-693-5236