Christmas in July Helps Broward’s Homeless Children Prepare for School
One of the most devastating consequences of homelessness is the impact it can have on a child's education. Frequent school transfers and the stigma associated with living in a shelter add up to great hardship for these children. Many of these children may begin the school year with another disadvantage, they may enter the classroom with no backpack, few, if any, school supplies or new clothes.
Broward County’s homeless children, boys and girls – infant to 18 years need your help! Residents are encouraged to participate in Christmas in July by purchasing school supplies, new children’s items such as clothing, undergarments, diapers and toiletries, and depositing them in collection boxes located at several designated Broward County facilities.
Christmas in July culminates with a fun-filled day where our community’s homeless children enjoy themselves and receive personalized items to prepare for the upcoming school year.
Donation Collection Box Locations:
- Downtown Governmental Center, 115 S. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale
- Government Center West, 1 N. University Drive, Plantation
- Main Courthouse, 201 S.E. Sixth St., Fort Lauderdale
- North Regional County Courthouse, 1600 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach
- South Regional County Courthouse, 3550 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood
- West Regional County Courthouse, 100 N. Pine Island Road, Plantation
- Water and Wastewater Services, 2555 W. Copans Road, Pompano Beach
- Port Everglades, 1850 Eller Drive, Fort Lauderdale
- Aviation Department, 2200 S.W. 45th Street, Dania Beach
- Broward County Main Library and all branch libraries
Suggested Donation Items
- Underwear (Toddlers through Teens)
- Clothing (Newborns through Teens)
- Diapers/Pull-Ups/Baby Wipes (all sizes)
- School Supplies
For more information email PUBLICINFO@broward.org