Goals Set at Consolidation in 2014:
- Improve service
- Employ the best technology available to expedite emergency response
- Establish consistent performance metrics
- Reduce delay (eliminate) in transfer of emergency calls
- Faster emergency response times
- Enhance interoperability and coordination amongst responding agencies
- Fewer errors due to standardized call handling and dispatch protocols
- Save significant amount of taxpayers’ dollars
The numbers above reflect how the goals are being met.
Then: No Countywide Dispatch Call Processing performance standards or protocols. State minimum call answering standard.
Now: Established stakeholder approved countywide standardized protocols and practices and implemented best practice standardized protocols for Emergency Fire calls.
Then: No Countywide reporting of quantitative performance.
No Countywide reporting of qualitative performance and tracking of reported incidents. Reports kept internal by dispatch centers.
Now: Implemented stakeholder approved hightest and best standards for call answering and processing. Open and transparent Countywide performance reporting; Incident Management Tracking and Quality Improvement Program in place.