Agency: Office of the County Administrator
With more than 25 years of state and local government experience, Monica Cepero serves as Deputy County Administrator. Since 2008, she has served in the County Administrator’s Office, first as an Assistant to the County Administrator then as Assistant County Administrator. Cepero serves as Acting County Administrator in the County Administrator’s absence.
Prior to joining Broward County, Cepero served as the Environmental Policy Advisor to Florida Governor Jeb Bush and was responsible for the policy and budget recommendations of $6.5 billion for the environmental and agricultural agencies. She also prepared revenue and economic impact analyses on a variety of proposed legislation and served as advisor to the Governor on local government issues, environmental and agricultural matters of the state, as well as other major statewide reform initiatives.
Following her tenure in the Governor’s office, she worked in the Miami office of PBS&J (now Atkins North America) as Manager of Strategic Positioning and Public Affairs. Her career in public service began during her post-graduate studies, when she worked for the City of Tallahassee serving in a variety of positions over an eight-year period from the City Manager’s Office to the Office of Management and Budget.
Ms. Cepero has served on five speaking panels which include: Leaders in Government, Smart Growth, Working in the Government, Public Sector Benefits of Public Employment, and a ASPA panel in the summer of 2018.
Primarily Responsible For:
- Bachelor of science degree in International Affairs from Florida State University
- Master of Public Administration degree from Florida State University
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
- National Association of County Administrators (NACA)
- Florida City County Management Association (FCCMA)
- American Society for Public Administration
- Engaging Local Government Leaders
- The League of Women in Government
- Local Government Hispanic Network
- SuperBowl 2010 & 2020 Committee Member
Deputy County Administrator
Fax: 954-357-7360 email