Statement of Responsibilities Regarding Asbestos
The purpose of the SRRA is to ensure that building permit applicants properly account for asbestos concerns. Staff provides applicants information about asbestos related regulations, restrictions, asbestos notification, survey and fee payment requirements.
Broward County's Asbestos Code requires that a Statement of Responsibilities Regarding Asbestos (SRRA) be submitted at least 10 working days before commencing work on demolition or renovation projects.
How to submit:
- Complete the SRRA electronically via Broward County's ePermits 10 days before the start of your project.
- Pay $50 SRRA review fee online. Residential buildings with four (4) or fewer dwelling units are exempt from paying this fee.
The Process After Submitting all Documents:
- After all documents have been submitted, Broward County determines if the applicant meets all Federal, State, and County requirements.
- A Certificate of Submittal is issued by Broward County to the applicant.
- This certificate is submitted by the applicant to the City's building department along with their building applications to obtain building demolition and/or renovation permits.