Animals at Risk of Euthanasia
Adopters and Foster Parents Needed!
Our shelter is currently full with many wonderful dogs and cats in need of a home. Because of this, we are asking for your help to adopt or foster.
To ADOPT a pet, please view our adoptable pets, and select a dog or cat you would like to see. You can submit an Adoption Application online to email@example.com, OR come by to view the pet and take him home. Adoption fees are waived! We are open from 11AM to 5PM for adoptions.
If you are interested in FOSTERING, please know that we are in particular need of Foster Parents who can care for adult dogs who need some extra TLC. If you can help, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Services Available
Our services are only a click away! To schedule an appointment at our Adoption Center, or to access our online services, please see below:
- ADOPTIONS: View our adoptable pets online. If you see a pet you would like to adopt, please complete a Dog or Cat Adoption Application and submit it online to email@example.com. Once your application is accepted, our Customer Service staff will contact you to make an appointment to view the dog or cat and finalize the adoption if you decide to make the pet part of your home. If you have a particular pet in mind, you can also make an online appointment to meet the dog or cat.
- PET LICENSE TAG: The pet license tag can be purchased online. Residents who have already purchased the tag online are asked to wait for the tag to be mailed to your home (there is currently a 13-week wait time to receive your tag). Residents can also obtain the tag from local veterinary offices that sell the County tag.
- PET SURRENDERS: Pet surrenders are by appointment only. Please call and make an appointment at 954-357-9758, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LOST/STRAY PETS: If you have found a lost pet, we prefer that you make an appointment to bring the pet in by calling 954-357-9758 or e-mailing us at email@example.com. If you cannot wait for an appointment, please come to our shelter for service, or call our Field Services team for stray pet pick-up at 954-359-1313, Option 2.
- RETURN OF LOST PET: Please call us for an appointment to be reunited with your dog or cat by calling 954-357-9758 or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FOSTERING: Residents wishing to foster a pet, should complete a Foster Application online and e-mail it to email@example.com. Foster pet checkups are by appointment only and can be scheduled online or by calling 954-359-1315.
- VOLUNTEERING: For information about Volunteer opportunities, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- RETURN TO FIELD (RTF): The program has been suspended indefinitely.
- TRAP-NEUTER-RELEASE (TNR): Please check our website for updated information regarding voucher availability.
PLEASE NOTE: In accordance with CDC guidelines, all visitors with an appointment to our Adoption Center will be required to wear a face mask and practice social distancing.
Animal Reset Proposal Presented to Commissioners
On Tuesday, May 11, Animal Care Director Emily Wood presented a Reset Proposal to the Broward County Board of County Commisioners. The plan included the progress that has been completed since January, as well as future plans for the shelter and its programs.
Found Kittens? Here is What you Should Do!
It's the start of Kitten Season and a shelter is no place for baby kittens! If you
find baby kittens PLEASE LEAVE THEM IN PLACE to see if their Mother is in the area--she is the best caregiver for her babies. If Mom is not around, then please help by
fostering the kittens until they are old enough to be adopted. Animal Care will supply food and medical care for the family. Read all about
Caring for Found Kittens here.