Adopting a Pet Just Became Easier and More Affordable!
Thinking about adopting a pet? Well we now have HUNDREDS of reasons for you to make a new best friend! Thanks to the Petco Foundation, you will receive a Certificate of Appreciation for FREE basic pet care when you adopt an adult cat or a dog weighing at least 40 lbs--a value of $550 for adult cats; and $650 for medium-to-large size dogs. Each voucher covers vaccinations; routine de-wormers; heartworm and leukemia screening; a 1-year supply of flea/tick preventative, AND a dental cleaning! Certificates are good for one year and will be issued at the time of adoption. So, don't waste time! Be sure to check out our available dogs and cats, select your pet, and then submit your Adoption Application!
Important Service Information!
In accordance with CDC recommendations, our Animal Care Adoption Center has transitioned to virtual services. This is to protect residents and our staff from exposure to the virus. The following services are now available:
- Adoptions: An Adoption Application can be completed online and e-mailed to us at ACADAdoptions@broward.org. Please allow a minimum of 72 hours for us to get back to you regarding your Application.
- Fostering: A Foster Application can be completed online and e-mailed to us at Foster@broward.org
- Pet License: The pet license tag can be purchased online.
- Pet Surrenders: Pet surrenders are suspended. Please call and make an appointment at 954-359-1313 ext. 9758.
- Lost/Stray Pets: Residents who have found a pet should report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified when you can bring the pet to our shelter.
- Emergency Calls continue for sick stray pets, animal cruelty, bites and dangerous aggressive dogs.
Residents who have placed a deposit on a pet will be notified when their dog or cat is ready to be picked up.
Found Kittens? Here is What you Should Do!
A shelter is no place for baby kittens. If you
find baby kittens please leave them in place to see if their Mother is in the area--she is the best caregiver for her babies. If Mom is not around, then please help by
fostering the kittens until they are old enough to be adopted. Animal Care will supply food and medical care for the family. Read all about
Caring for Found Kittens here.
Rabies Clinic Postponed for Now
Due to concerns regarding the Coronavirus, the Rabies Clinics have been postponed until further notice.