The SNIP Program is a voucher-based program, which provides free or low-cost sterilization services for OWNED dogs and cats. The program is only available to Broward County residents.
SNIP services include:
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Rabies vaccination
- Broward County Registration License Tag.
To apply for a SNIP Voucher please visit our WebPortal and follow the directions. Once you have received a voucher, you can make an appointment for the spay/neuter surgery with any of our participating SNIP Providers.
NOTE: We recommend that you read our SNIP Instructional Guide on how to use the WebPortal BEFORE using the WebPortal.
- There are a limited number of SNIP Vouchers available each day.
- SNIP Vouchers are issued randomly--between 8AM and 9PM each day.
- Once a Profile is created in the WebPortal, you must scroll down to the "Available Programs" section to check the status of your pet's Profile.
- If there are no SNIP Vouchers available, your pet's status will be in RED--"NOT AVAILABLE." This means that your pet's information has been received in the WebPortal, but you still need to apply for the SNIP Voucher. We recommend that you log-in periodically throughout the day to check your pet's status.
- If SNIP Vouchers are available, the status will be in BLUE and read "ENROLL IN SNIP."
- Your SNIP Voucher will expire after 30 days.
- It is your responsibility to make an appointment for your pet through one of the listed SNIP Providers.
- Your pet's appointment must be made AND the surgery completed, BEFORE your SNIP Voucher expires.