Cost of the Rabies Registration Tag
The cost of the Rabies Tag depends on whether your pet is a dog or cat and whether your pet is spayed/neutered.
- If your dog is spayed/neutered (fixed)--$25
- If your dog is NOT spayed/neutered (fixed)--$55
- Replacement of a lost tag (only available at our Adoption Center*)--$10
- If your cat is spayed/neutered (fixed)--$15
- If your cat is NOT spayed/neutered (fixed)--$30
- Replacement of a lost tag (only available at our Adoption Center*)--$5
PLEASE NOTE: There is a $300 fine for pets that are not vaccinated against rabies and a $300 fine for pets that are not registered with the County.
Where to Purchase the Rabies Registration Tag
For your convenience, your pet's Rabies Registration Tag can be purchased:
- In person at our Adoption Center*. We are located at 2400 SW 42nd Street, in Fort Lauderdale. We are open for tag sales Tuesday through Sunday from 11AM to 5:30PM.
- In person at Veterinary offices that supply our tag. If your pet received his rabies vaccination from another clinic or facility, please be sure to bring a copy of the Rabies Certificate with you.
- The tag can be purchased online. Please have a copy of your current Rabies Certificate available so you can upload it to our system. The tag will not be sent to you until we receive a valid copy. You must also have on hand a credit/debit card for payment.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to a high volume of online and mail-in tag sales, we are currently experiencing delays in the processing of orders. Because of this, it will take approximately 10 weeks to receive your tag once your information and payment is received. The tag is sent via the United States Post Office, which can sometimes take up to 2 weeks to deliver.
Please note that you are not in violation of any County Ordinance, if you have submitted your payment for the license fee as well as your pet's rabies certificate, and are just waiting to receive your pet's Rabies Registration Tag in the mail.
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we work diligently to process all orders as quickly as possible.
For help, questions and concerns related to your pet's Rabies Registration Tag, please complete and submit a Rabies Tag Inquiry Form for response and service.