In an effort to maintain the integrity and transparency of the grant review process, the Broward Cultural Division maintains a pool of citizen review panelists. These panelists play a central role in the Division's grantmaking to organizations and artists through General Operating Support (GOS), Program Support, and Artist Support grants.
Citizen Review Panelists are local and national professionals and agree to read and score grantee applications. Artists, community leaders, arts administrators, professionals and corporate volunteers representing the arts, cultural, creative, academic, public and private sectors are encouraged to apply or nominate a candidate. Panelists receive an honorarium for their service.
- Attend panelist orientation and training (fall/winter)
- Allocate appropriate amount of time to read applications/work samples
- Attend half or full-day meeting to discuss and rate applications
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Applications are reviewed each year by Division staff. Applicants that meet the criteria are recommended to the Broward Cultural Council for consideration and approval.
- Approved panelists are entered into a database for future consideration and selection.
- Approval for inclusion in the pool of panelists does not guarantee placement on a panel. Panelist selection is made after considering many factors, with an emphasis on panel makeup that is diverse, representative, and inclusive of gender, race, ethnicity, artistic discipline, and panelist skill set.