Broward Cultural Division's Artist Innovation Grant provides direct funds to professional artists of all disciplines for new and experimental art projects. The grant is designed to encourage risk-taking, creative exploration, career development, collaboration, and sustained commitment to artistic work. Grant awards are provided in partnership with the Community Foundation of Broward.
Acceptable projects may include collaborations across various disciplines, use of diverse media and technology, immersive installations, interactive performances, concerts, literary, oral history projects, temporary public art projects, and more. Selected artists are required to produce an event that is free, accessible, and open to the Broward County public.
Awards are provided in partnership with the Community Foundation of Broward.
An eligible individual artist can apply for award amounts of $10,000. If selected, an Artist Innovation Grant request will be fully funded. Matching funds are not required. Please note that all grant awards to individual artists are taxable income.
For FY 2023, a maximum of ten (10) awards will be made.
Awardees of this category are only allowed to apply every other year.
Eligibility for Artist Innovation Grants / Stage I Application
An individual artist is eligible to apply for an Artist Innovation Grant if they meet the following requirements:
- The artist is 18 years or older.
- The artist is a current Broward County resident for at least one (1) year prior to application deadline and must maintain their primary residence in Broward during the entire funding period.
- Is a practicing professional artist who in the past three years has created a recognized body of original artworks and actively has presented/performed for the public. Documentation such as resume/CV, and examples of past and current work are required to support this claim.
- Has not received another Cultural Division grant in the same fiscal year (this includes Artist Support Grantees who have already received payment).
- The artist is in good standing with the Division, with no delinquent reports or required grant documentation.
Stage I Application Deadline:||June 10, 2022|
Stage II Application Deadline:||July 1, 2022|
Panel Review:||August 2022|
Project Implementation Period:||Oct. 1, 2022 - Sept. 30, 2023|
*All deadlines are subject to the availability of grant funds*
April 20, 2022, 10:30AM + 5:30PM
May 18, 2022, 10:30AM + 5:30PM
About the Community Foundation of Broward
The Community Foundation of Broward, founded in 1984, helps individuals, families and businesses create personalized charitable Funds that support game-changing philanthropy. As a grantmaking public charity, we provide leadership to find solutions to issues that matter most to Broward County residents. Through endowment we build permanent philanthropic resources to tackle Broward's challenges today and forever.