Information on issues as it relates to benefit plans and services regarding the current situation with the Coronavirus. For complete information, County employees can access the COVID-19 link on browardemployee.org. For general information, please access Broward County COVID-19 link above.
COVID-19 Updates to County Benefit Plans
The COVID-19 pandemic allowed us to make some changes to our health plans that we would like to share with you and your family under the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
COVID-19 Testing and Office or Virtual Visit
The County will pay 100% of the cost of testing for the COVID-19 virus for any insured member who requires testing. This includes in-office or virtual visits for COVID-19. (Must be billed under COVID-19 billing codes).
Virtual Visits and Telemedicine under the High Deductible Health Plans (UnitedHealthcare and Community Care plans).
Typically, virtual visits and telemedicine are paid 100% by the member until the annual deductible is met. However, the County's taking advantage of the new CARES Act to allow our High Deductible Health Plans to cover the cost for any virtual visit or telemedicine call at the coinsurance rate of 20% before the annual deductible being met.
CDH Members also have a reduction in virtual visit costs with the copay being reduced from $40 to $10 per visit.
UnitedHealthcare members can access virtual visits through Teledoc, AmWell, or Dr. On Demand at uhc.com/virtualvisits.
Community Care Plan members can contact Concierge Service at 1-866-224-5701.
Virtual Behavioral Health Now with Reduced Cost.
Most of us think of virtual visits and telemedicine for minor medical issues such as an eye infection, rash, sore throat, etc. but how about for behavioral health visits? We all feel the stress associated with COVID-19 and everyday life, so why not talk to a professional at your convenience, seven days a week, in the privacy of your home. The virtual network has a variety of licensed psychiatrists and therapists with different backgrounds, specialties, and languages available to assist you. Virtual visits and telemedicine under the HDHP plans are only 20% coinsurance and are not subject to the annual deductible. The first visit under behavioral health is approximately $250-$290. Under the 20% coinsurance benefit, the first visit is reduced significantly to $50-$60. After the first visit, rates are typically $45-$50 a session but are now only $9 to $10 a session. Under the CDH plan, the first 20 visits in a calendar year for Behavioral Health in office or virtual visits are at no cost.
UnitedHealthcare (UHC) members can visit myuhc.com and select Find a Doctor. Provider Type is Telemental Health Providers. Select a provider, then call and set your visit. Community Care Plan (CCP) members can contact Concierge Service at 1-866-224-5701.
The reduced rate goes through 12/31/2021 for all plans.
ANTIBODY TESTING -
During the national public health emergency period, the County health plans will cover FDA-authorized COVID-19 antibody tests ordered by a physician or appropriately licensed health care professional without cost-sharing (copayment, co-insurance, or deductible). This coverage applies to members enrolled in UnitedHealthcare (UHC) or Community Care Plan (CCP) in any type of health plan.
An antibody test may determine if a person has been exposed to COVID-19, while a COVID-19 diagnostic test determines if a person is currently infected. FDA-authorized tests include FDA-approved tests and tests used in an office or lab that are developed and administered in accordance with FDA specifications or through state regulatory approval. According to the FDA, an antibody test should not be used as the sole basis for diagnosis. Health care providers are encouraged to use reliable FDA-approved tests.
UnitedHealthcare has requested all physicians and health care professionals who perform and bill for COVID-19 antibody tests to register the tests used for their members. instructions on test registration have been provided to UHC providers at UHCProvider.com/covid19. Please be sure to ask your provider if a test they are using meets the guidelines as not all tests will be covered, and members could be responsible for the costs of non-FDA authorized tests.
Community Care Plan will also only cover FDA authorized tests.
For more information contact CCP concierge at 1-866-224-5701.
COVID 19 - Pharmacy Assistance
Refill Too Soon - ENDED June
Home Delivery of Maintenance Medication - Always Available
Facilitating social distancing through home delivery. As states and local authorities urge people to remain safe and social distancing becomes the norm, the benefits of home delivery are now more apparent than ever.
- Convenience. With free shipping, home delivery enables UHC/Optum Rx members to receive 90-day supplies of their medications without leaving their residence. Also, OptumRx's online tools help members manage home delivery with ease on their computers or mobile devices.
- Savings. Depending on plan design, members may save money on each prescription filled via home delivery vs. retail. CDH members receive a 90 supply at the cost of a 60 day supply and HDHP members typically receive a lower cost for prescriptions not on the Preventive Drug List which are covered at 100%.
- Health outcomes for chronic diseases. Home delivery has been proven to help members with chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, etc. have a higher medication adherence vs. going to a retail pharmacy.
Sign up is easy. Log in to OptumRx.com with your HealthSafe ID at https://www.optumrx.com/public/landing. Your HealthSafe ID is the same way you sign in to MyUHC.com.
Deferred Compensation Relief
Distributions (ICMA-RC, Brighthouse/Metlife and Nationwide)
Employees contributing to one of our deferred compensation plans who meet the eligibility criteria may take a distribution up to a maximum of $100,000 or 100% of the account balance (whichever is lower) with no early withdrawal penalty. Distributions must be taken prior to December 30, 2020.
IMPORTANT NOTE regarding BRIGHTHOUSE: Withdrawing your full account balance will terminate your annuity contract and future deposits and contributions will not be permitted.
This withdrawal may be subject to applicable contract withdrawal charges and if you have a rider, may impact the benefits under that rider. Please refer to your contract and prospectus (if applicable) for additional information
CORONAVIRUS RELIEF DISTRIBUTION
ICMA-RC | Nationwide | MetLife/Brighthouse
- March 27, 2020 to Dec 31, 2020
- Maximum Amount: $100,000
- Early Withdrawal Penalty: None
- Federal Income Tax: included in gross income in equal amounts over 3 years.
- 20% Withholding: Waived
- Repayment: can be repaid during the three-year period beginning on the date distribution is made.
LOANS - ICMA-RC only
- March 27, 2020 to Sept. 23, 2020
- Maximum: $100,000, or 100% of vested account balance (increased from $50,000 or $50% of vested account balance)
- Current Loan: Can be refinanced
- Repayment: Through bank account ACH (not through payroll deduction).
- Delay in Repayment: Any repayment on a loan due between March 27, 2020 and Dec. 31, 2020 can be suspended for up to one year.
To be eligible for the increased loan under ICMA-RC and/or the Coronavirus Relief Distribution under all three vendors, one of the following criteria must be met:
- the participant is diagnosed with the disease,
- or has a spouse or dependent who is diagnosed,
- the participant has experienced adverse financial consequences as a result of the disease.
This is only a summary, contact your deferred compensation provider for more detailed information:
- ICMA-RC: 1-800-669-7400 or online at icmarc.org/broward.
- Nationwide: 1-877-677-3678 or through your online account at nrsforu.com.
- Brighthouse: 1-800-560-5001
US Legal Resources Available to All County Employees
US Legal Services is offering free resources for all Broward County employees during this national pandemic through July 31, 2020. Services include the library of documents that can be downloaded including items such as Will templates and contracts.
To access the services, go to:
- Username: Broward
- Password: BCC2020
During this time, free consultations are also available by contacting US Legal at 800-356-LAWS (5297).