This page is for information purposes only.
If you are planning on retiring or entering DROP (Deferred Retirement Option Program), you must make an appointment with an HR Benefits Generalist three (3) months prior to your expected retirement or DROP enrollment date. Please contact Benefits at 954-357-6700 for an appointment.
Rate increase for all health and vision plans.
- Current elections automatically rolled over.
- If enrolling new dependents, date of birth, Social Security number, and proof of relationship must have been submitted to BOI by November 6, 2020.
- At Open Enrollment, which ended November 6, 2020, as a retiree, you could have continued, canceled, or decreased current coverage. You may not add coverage. Once coverage is canceled, it may not be reinstated or added at a later date. Any changes to your Retiree benefits required your written authorization.
- Premium changes required due to any rate change are effective January 1, 2021. If you are having FRS deductions for premium payments, any required changes were submitted to FRS in November for your January deduction. A new FRS Deduction Authorization form is not needed.
- If you currently do not have your premiums deducted from your Florida Retirement System (FRS) monthly benefit check, and would like to, please request an FRS Deduction Authorization Form from BOI and return it to BOI. Your deductions will start as soon as possible. Please be aware that you must make your payments via personal check or money order until the FRS deductions begin.
- Any coverage you elect to cancel cannot be reinstated at a future time. Your current coverage will automatically roll over unless BOI is notified in writing to change or cancel coverage.
- Enroll in Medicare Part A and B as soon as you are eligible as the County’s Group Health Plan will automatically become secondary to Medicare. Provide BOI with a copy of your Medicare card showing you are enrolled in Parts A and B.
The County’s Group Health Plan is not a Medicare plan. We highly recommend researching Medicare options as there may be plans that are less expensive and more comprehensive. Contact Valery Insurance Agency at 1-800-330-8445 or via email at email@example.com for assistance before you turn age 65.
- Newly enrolled dependents without the required documentation will be removed from medical, dental, and vision plans and will not be covered for 2021.
- If you are enrolling new dependents, please provide the Social Security number and date of birth for each enrolled dependent. This is now required due to the annual Health Care Reform reporting.
- The $43.33 monthly surcharge for Over Age Dependents’ medical coverage remains the same.
- County health and pharmacy plans are not Medicare plans.
- When Medicare-eligible, County’s plan will automatically pay as secondary with a reduced premium. Enroll in Medicare in advance of your Medicare-eligibility date and research your Medicare options.
- Any coverage canceled by you or for non-payment cannot be reinstated.