Effective, Wednesday, November 6, 2019, Building Code Services Division's Building Permitting is excited to offer walk-thru permitting for selected permits for Broward Municipal Services District (Unincorporated Broward). This service will only be available on Wednesdays (County-observed Holidays and Closings excluded) from 8:30AM-10:30AM.
This service is not currently available to FLL Airport, BMSD ePermits, and Elevator Permitting.
This same day permitting will be limited to minor reviews for the following permits and may require review from other agencies (Development and Environmental Review, Highway Construction & Engineering) prior to submitting to our office:
- Electrical-Meter Release, Service Change, Minor Electrical Repairs
- Plumbing – Sewer Hookup, Electric and Gas Water Heater changeout, Residential Irrigation
- Mechanical – Residential A/C Changeout, Residential A/C New Installs
- Structural – Windows and Doors, Residential Re-Roofs (requires Asbestos Statement of Responsibilities Review)
- Structural/Zoning – Fences, Driveways (requires Highway Construction and Engineering Review), Patio Slabs, Sheds
To ensure timely processing, please have the following ready prior to requesting walk-thru permitting:
- Completed, signed, and notarized permit application;
- Two (2) complete sets of construction documents, product approvals, roof package (for roof permits) as required;
- Licensed State Contractors must be registered with our Building Permitting office. Please click here for registration.
- Development and Environmental Review Certificates. If applicable, Highway Construction & Engineering approval;
- For job values that are equal to or greater than $2,500.00, a Notice of Commencement must be recorded. Two (2) certified copies of the recorded Notice of Commencement must be obtained. One (1) certified copy must be submitted to our office prior to the first inspection and the second certified copy must remain on the property during inspections.
Please share your feedback.