Building Code has moved.
Our new offices are located at:
Riverbend Corporate Park
2307 West Broward Boulevard, Suite 300
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Learn how to access our services from home without travelling to our office.
To access the Building Code's Applications and Forms page or send us an email to CLE-Complaint@broward.org.
AVOID THE CROWDS-STAY HEALTHY
Be on the lookout for:
- Construction jobs without a permit posted
- Unmarked construction vans, trucks, trailers and vehicles
- Business names on vehicles without a license number posted
- Contractor vehicles with out-of-state tags
- On-going jobs during non-regular business hours
What you can do to assist:
- Determine if the work is a regulated trade
- Determine if the contractor is a state or county licensed contractor
- Determine if the work requires a building permit
- Contact your local building department for permit information
Information we need you to provide:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Name of the contractor or company operation without a license and/or permit
- Vehicle description and tag number
- If known, name of any worker(s) on-site
- Site address and type of work being performed
- Date and time the work took place
- If possible, pictures with date stamps
Report an unlicensed contractor:
County: 954-765-4400, Option 2 or email.
Florida DBPR Local Office: 954-917-1330
24-Hour online license verification:
State of Florida
Please share your feedback.