Effective August 20, 2018, licensing and enforcement services provided by Broward County’s Trauma Management Services have moved to Broward County’s Environmental and Consumer Protection Division located at Government Center West (GCW), 1 North University Drive in Plantation. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8AM-4PM.
The following services will be provided from the new GCW location:
• Inspections of basic life support and advanced life support ambulances for both emergency and non-emergency ambulance transportation in Broward County
• Vehicle permitting for non-emergency transportation (wheelchair/stretcher)
• Review of staff credentials and vehicle assignments
• Annual review of provider’s vehicle maintenance logs and patient/passenger records
• Accepting applications and payments for processing
• Expediting licensing and certification
Note that the Trauma System Quality Assurance Program will remain with the Office of Medical Examiner and Trauma Services.
Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (COPCN), or Nonemergency Medical Transportation Service License Packet (NEMTS)
Application packets and fees will be accepted by mail sent to Broward County Environmental and Consumer Protection Division, 1 North University Drive, Mailbox 302, Plantation, FL 33324, or by placing in Drop Box #2 located outside the west entrance of Government Center West located at 1 North University Drive, Plantation, FL. Payment can be made by credit card using the Credit Card Authorization Form.
Applying for a License or Permit Effective October 1, 2020