- Per the State Surgeon General, anyone receiving vaccine in Florida must be either a resident of Florida, or an individual present in Florida for the purpose of providing health care services involving direct contact with patients. Residency requirements are defined in
Florida Statutes 381.986(5)(b) and do provide some accommodation of seasonal residents.
- Bring your photo ID with you. The vaccines are free; it is not necessary to show a health insurance card.
- Be prepared to wait in line before your appointment, and for at least 15 minutes after receiving your vaccine.
If your appointment is at a drive-through site:
- You must arrive in a vehicle and stay in your vehicle once you enter the drive-through queue, except to use the restroom.
- You cannot be dropped off at a drive-through site (by Broward County Transit, Uber or Lyft, for example) and walk up to receive your vaccine.
- Vaccines are given through vehicle windows. Everyone in the vehicle seeking to get a vaccine must be seated at a window to receive it.
- Please do not arrive at the vaccination site in a trailer or RV. Many of these larger vehicles cannot navigate the turns that lead into the vaccination area.