Community-Based Testing Site is Open at C.B. Smith Park
Under the direction of Governor Ron DeSantis, Florida National Guard (FLNG) soldiers and airpersons, with the collaboration of Memorial Healthcare System, state, county and local agencies, C.B. Smith Park, is a COVID-19 drive-through testing site.
WHO CAN GET TESTED (Screening)
People must call Centralized Scheduling at 954-276-4680 to register. The call center is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily.
- The test is open to all South Florida residents, 18 years or older, who are asymptomatic or symptomatic.
- Individuals who have previously tested positive can get re-tested but must wait at least 14 days after having no symptoms.
- Each person must be preregistered.
- Every person must bring identification, such as Driver’s License, Passport, or State-Issue ID (no pictures or photocopies).
- Enter the park via the intersection of Flamingo Road and Johnson Street.
- The test site is drive-through only, and it’s not equipped to take pedestrians, bikers or other types of traffic because the test will be provided only through the window of a car.
AT THE TESTING STATION
Once the patient arrives at the testing area, a medic wearing a Tyvek suit will collect a sample with the swab of the nostril. Another service member will be responsible for scribing the information from the patient's placard to the bio-hazard bag, and another will be responsible for collecting the sample and placing it in the bag.
After the sample is in the bio-hazard bag, it will be refrigerated for examination. Memorial Healthcare System clinical teams will notify all registrants of positive and negative results by phone. Registrants who provided an email address during registration will receive a link to register to Memorial MyChart, where they will be able to see their results in their electronic medical record. Memorial Healthcare System's COVID-19 test results line is 954-276-1500 to request their test results be emailed or for any other testing questions. The Florida Department of Health will follow up with instructions to patients with positive results.
Old Petco location: 12251 Pines Blvd NE corner of Flamingo Road and Pines Blvd.
The establishment of the drive-through operation comes just days after the request from Governor Ron DeSantis. The testing operation is a multiagency effort and includes support from: Broward County Parks and Recreation, Broward Emergency Management, Broward Sheriff's Office, Florida Department of Transportation, Florida Division of Emergency Management, Florida Department of Health, Florida Highway Patrol, Florida National Guard, Memorial Healthcare System, Pembroke Pines Police Department, Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue and Quest Diagnostics.
C.B. Smith Park staff are unable to respond to any medical or testing questions.
Kerting Baldwin, Memorial Healthcare System
FLNG Public Affairs Office: (904) 823-0166/0170